Auto Trans Build-Up

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
Now that I've got my 91T 5 speed on the road, I've pulled the engine out of the wife's 91 auto and going to build the low end the same as mine with JE/ Eagle set up for future high boost fun.

I want to have the tranny built to be able to handle 4-500hp. I've NEVER had good luck with transmisson rebuilds in that I've been ripped off everytime. So the question is, what is the mod list I need for the automatic to be able to handle the new found HP?

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
You might also wanna get a hold of Sean Casidy, (not sure if thats how you spell it) he has his own shop in Mass, he was responsible for some seriously quick supras thanks to his auto trannys. He is also the one that appeared in PINKs with his supra. Met him once out on the pike great guy. He goes by the name besttrans here on SM. give it a shot you wont be disappointed.

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
UkiSash;1017747 said:
You might also wanna get a hold of Sean Casidy, (not sure if thats how you spell it) he has his own shop in Mass, he was responsible for some seriously quick supras thanks to his auto trannys. He is also the one that appeared in PINKs with his supra. Met him once out on the pike great guy. He goes by the name besttrans here on SM. give it a shot you wont be disappointed.

thanks!

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Does anyone know of a source, other than the thread over at SF, for modding/building the A340 for up tp 500 HP levels? Would like to find some DIY tips/tricks that dont require me sending my valve body out.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The valve body is the most important part. Toyota tries to hide that your trans is shifting by slipping the clutch packs. This is what wears the trans down. Besides launching on slicks.

You need the valve body mod to remove the slipping.

Slipping eases engagement from one gear to the next. It reduces shift shock. Shift shock in an automatic is actually a somewhat desireable trait in terms of durability.

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
UkiSash;1017747 said:

I spoke with Sean and his advice for the level of build that I was shooting for, (400hp), and the type of driving I was going to do , (non-drag racing), a fresh stock tranny would suit my needs.

He did mention the the valve body mod, and I would prefer to have the "Shift Kit" feel instead of the stock smoothness. So if any one has a tranny shop in Houson that works on these, let me know.