Austin/Texas Hill Country Cruise, Sat. Nov. 11th

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
It that time of year people...............time for another Hill Country Run. Everyone keeps asking about a date, so it is set, Saturday November 11th beginning at 11:30 am.

Same as the previous runs, we will leave the Albertson's parking lot at "The Y" in Oak Hill, leaving at 11:30 am...............................the run will return to "the Y" at 6pm in time for the Saturday Cruise Nights that are held in the Albertson's parking lot. Check back on this thread for details on Saturday's route and activities. I'm sure there will be a caravan later in the evening for dinner at Bone Daddies or something.

Sunday will not have a full cruise planned, however we will all meet up again at "the Y" at noon and make a short cruise over to the SaltLick for BBQ, then everyone can make their roadtrips home from there.

Mark your calendars and remember, all are welcome.....................

Hotel Information:

For those coming in from out of town. For previous Austin Meets, most guys stayed here and shared rooms. It is really close to the meeting spot in Oak Hill. It was previously owned by Ramada Inn, now the Oak Inn.

http://www.hotel-rates.com/us/texas...inn-austin.html

Saturday and Sunday's Meeting Spot:

Directions to the Albertsons are really easy, from IH-35 south of downtown Austin, follow signs for Highways 290 West & 71 West towards Johnson City..............eventually the freeway will end and turn into a 4 lane highway, go through 2 more lights and Highway 71 will branch off to the west and Hwy 290 will continue in a southwest direction. This branch is known as "the Y", there is an Albertson's at that intersection where we will meet.

p365747_1.jpg

From the Albertsons we will head over to "290 West" for lunch before we hit the road. It is just 6 miles from "the Y". If anyone is running late, they can catch us at "290 West", we will leave there for the cruise about 1pm. There is also an Exxon next door to the Bar and Grill, so we can all fill up before we head out.

290_logo.gif

The "290 West" phone number is (512) 288-0808. They are located 6 miles past the Y in Oak Hill at 12013 US 290 West. If your coming out of Austin it will be on your left hand side just past McCoy's. Look for the big 290 West neon sign in the sky.

Dan kicking back at "290 West" during the 2005 cruise!
p365747_2.jpg

Saturday's Cruise Route:

We’ll leave 290 West at about 1pm, Hwy. 290 to right on Fitzhugh Road, to right on Ranch Road 12, to left Hamilton Pool Rd., Hamilton Pool Rd. thru Cypress Mill, to right on FM 962 to right on 281, to Round Mountain, Texas, then left FM 962 to left on Hwy. 71, to right on RR 2233, to left on RR 2900, to Kingsland, Texas, then left on 1431 to right on State Hwy 29, to right on State Park Rd. 4, through Inks Lake State Park, follow Park Road 4 until it comes out on Hwy. 281. From there, Hwy. 281 south to Hwy. 71, Hwy. 71 back to the Y in Oak Hill Car Show.

Just thought I would throw this out there to refresh some memories....................previous Hill Country Cruises
p365747_3.jpg

p365747_4.jpg

PDRM0177.JPG

PDRM0175.JPG

PDRM0162.JPG

p365747_5.jpg

p365747_6.jpg

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
0o0o this looks like fun.. Ill try to make it out if i get my supra in time. Got any address on the meeting spot or anythin? i would be coming from Houston.

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
The 11th, huh? I'll try and make it out, but I'll be in a Celica if that's alright unless someone's willing to let me hitch a ride with them. if it was the 4th, then i definitely could go.

SupraMkiii24

90T in the works
Apr 1, 2005
Houston, Tx.
I've gotta see what I'm doing with my car. If either I can get the surgery done on my knee by the 11th or if it gets better enough that I can drive. Someone can hitch up and ride with me. Otherwise I'll probably have someone drive my car up there.

~Dan

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
SupraMkiii24 said:
I've gotta see what I'm doing with my car. If either I can get the surgery done on my knee by the 11th or if it gets better enough that I can drive. Someone can hitch up and ride with me. Otherwise I'll probably have someone drive my car up there.

~Dan

*Throws hand in the air* Pick me pick me!! :D

87supraholic

Sep 17, 2006
houston,tx
comin from about 200 miles away but ima be out there, hopefully my friend will have his supra legal by then so he can drive out there with me, if not hes ridin with me!...im excited

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
87supraholic said:
comin from about 200 miles away but ima be out there, hopefully my friend will have his supra legal by then so he can drive out there with me, if not hes ridin with me!...im excited
There are several guys coming in from Houston, you guys all need to hook up and cruise in together.....

SupraMkiii24

90T in the works
Apr 1, 2005
Houston, Tx.
Anyone in the Houston Area that wants to meet up before the meet and cruise up let me know, I suppose I'll take the ball and get everyone together for that.

(832)-858-8300

~Dan