Atmosphere Blow-Off Conversion

sixpatch

Chaser
Feb 13, 2010
Kernersville, NC
Ok. Laugh at me all you want, but I want the classic turbo "Hiss" when I shift. My October 86' Mk3 is all stock, and I'm just looking for different ways to blow off to atmo and not kill the engine when I come to a stop, or run way too rich. I know you guys have to have done this before. How many ways are there to do this? Do I need to get a perfomance MAF to get my car to run right after I do it? Gimme the full run down, as I'm new to Turbo's and Supra's. Thanks!

Last edited:

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
You need a translator to get rid of the MAF. Otherwise that escaping metered air will cause the conditions you describe.
Lookup maft pro.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Unless you convert to speed density you run the chance that you will have those problems like mkiiichip already said. Many people still do it without any modification and dont have any major issues, but do you really want to reduce your performance just for the sound? Just leave it recirculated or convert over to a map system.

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
Doesnt the apexi safc have a setting for decel air, for situations like this? i may be wrong but thought i read about it before purchasing mine?