As predicted, you whining pussies....

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Kai;952757 said:
Is fuel tax dependant on the state in question, not on a national basis?

Yes Kai, although most Americans and the rest of the world tend to forget it, we really are union of states. We are really a union of 50 nations.

The price varies about $.60 per gallon from the most expensive to the least expensive state. It also varies pretty wildly locally. On my 26 mile drive to the office, the price probably varies about $.20 a gallon depending on the location of the station.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Aaah. Here its national - the chancellor sees us as this big fat cow that shits cash on a regular basis. He's just there with a bat, hitting us to make more cash drop out the back.

Sooner or later, the cows going to kick him though...

For a litre of 95 RON, on average, its £1.04, which is just over $2.06 iirc

Some supermarkets do it cheaper though, by subsiding it with the cost of whatever we buy in store....so say you spend £50 or more in Tesco, if you then visit the pumping station, once you hand over your reciept, your fuel is then only £0.99 a litre.

Of course, our price is over 90% composed of tax. Ever seen how it works here?

http://www.petrolprices.com/fuel-tax.html

http://www.petrolprices.com/price-of-petrol.html

I doubt even the US could beat that for stupidity!

"The Chancellor of the Exchequer....taxing your tax for the benefit of handing the money straight back to crack addicted baby factories!"

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
BorHor;912141 said:
YaY!! I don't have to buy another car now.. But I think I still will :)

BTW, you should just invest your money in a turbo motor.... my n/a got TERRIBLE gas mileage (and was still in tip-top condition), but the turbo (7m) gets over 30mpg

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
funny thing today. On my way to work. I saw the gas go from 2.94 to 3.12 in less than 1 minute (LED Signs). I was like, how high will it go!

I feel sorry for truckers!

Diesel at a staggering 3.84!!!

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Petrol here on a Tuesday morning is about $1.20AUD a litre... By afternoon, it's up to $1.45AUD a litre.

Petrol companies have also taken to putting "Out of Order" signs on all Premium (98 and 100 octane) pumps on "cheap" days.

We finally have a petrol commissioner, but so far sweet fuck all has happened.

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
" Aaah. Here its national - For a litre of 95 RON, on average, its £1.04, which is just over $2.06 iirc"

If Kai's exchange rate is accurate, that's US$7.83/gallon, kids. Word to the wise. My DD gets 45 mpg driven carefully, or 38mpg when driven hard.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
$8.99 more like:

1 Gallon = 4.3 Litres
1 Litre = £1.04

£1.04 = $2.09

$2.09 x 4.3 = $8.987

Frank Rizzo;953090 said:
I just paid $3.99/gal for 40 cetane diesel today. It was $3.83 yesterday.

40? Jesus thats shitty - lowest we have is 51, most places do 55 as standard...

No wonder diesel's dont take off over there like they have done here - poor quality fuel :/