ARP Longer Wheel Studs

2jza70

Apr 21, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Hey all,

I have a new set of wheels that I'm dying to put on my 88. Only thing is the wheels don't leave very many threads to hold on too and I'm worried that while driving hard on the gas the stock wheel studs will break under pressure. ARP does make longer hardened wheel studs for most cars but I cannot find a part number or anything, if anyone knows where I can find this it would be most appreciated. Oh and yes I did use the search, but to no avail.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Rumor is that the IS/MK4 studs fit. Im not sure i believe without first hand knowledge so when i swap to ARP's im going to pop out a stock stud, measure, and find what i need accordingly.

reklund5

Nov 3, 2007
Henderson, NV
I'm using the IS studs on my 87T to allow me to run a custom 5mm spacer necessary to clear the AZP Big brake kit. They press right in and work just fine. One word of caution- they're long enough that if you don't use an open ended lugnut, they'll bottom out in the nut before the wheel is properly attached.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Nosechunks;1585157 said:
Rumor is that the IS/MK4 studs fit. Im not sure i believe without first hand knowledge so when i swap to ARP's im going to pop out a stock stud, measure, and find what i need accordingly.

I don't spread rumors. ;)

I've taken a MK3 Stud, and MK4 Stud and had them side by side. Both used off of cars.

And the IS300 ARP Stud is a known "drop in" (or maybe press in) for the MK4. ;)

Here's my quote from SF with the PN.

Zumtizzle;7550622 said:
ARP 100-7715 Lexus IS300 will work for the MK3 and MK4 They're extended though.

If you guys don't know the answer to the question STFU.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
87M-GTE;1585201 said:
Are they the exact same studs Jeff? Or are the IS/MKIV Studs longer?

Sam

The stock MKIV/IS300 studs are slightly (1/8-1/4" maybe) longer than MKIII studs. The ARP studs are significantly longer than both.

With the exception of some of the 4x4 front ends and 98+ Land Cruisers, 07+ Tundras and 08+ Sequoias, all Toyotas have the same stud size, just with different lengths.

Jeff

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
For clarification i said rumor because when i posted here and on SF no one confirmed with use on there own personal vehicle at the time. I have not checked the SF thread in a while. I didnt want to say that they fit without first hand myself knowing or knowing someone who first hand confirmed this.

Wasnt trying to call anyone a liar :)