Aristo 2JZGTE Harness problems

DETONATION666

DECEPTICON MK3
Oct 29, 2006
Bethpage, New York, United States
Me and a friend were taking a harness of an aristo motor I just got and no matter how carefull we were they kept on breaking and snaping like the plastic was brittle as hell?
A friend of mine suggested that the motor might have been overheated and that could have caused the harness to be like that?
is that a common problem?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
heat + plastic = brittle plastic. it depends on where the plugs are to see if they are common but more likely than not they are very common, in both jz swaps ive replaced all the coil plugs for one!

curious how much a new US harness was?
but it was about 150$-200$ for new plugs they arent too much and the wires were good only the coil packs were brittle in any way

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
if you get a new US spec harness, wouldn't it be different cause of the MAP vs. MAF

i think a guy on SF had a list of all the plugs on the harness with part numbers.

559REDSUPRA

Banned
Apr 22, 2008
Fresno,CA
yea...when i bought my us 2jz the harness was breaking and snaping too. i just buy a harness from toyota dealer $449 for a new us harness. i believe the us harness is a liitle different

DETONATION666

DECEPTICON MK3
Oct 29, 2006
Bethpage, New York, United States
tlo86;997237 said:
heat + plastic = brittle plastic. it depends on where the plugs are to see if they are common but more likely than not they are very common, in both jz swaps ive replaced all the coil plugs for one!

curious how much a new US harness was?
but it was about 150$-200$ for new plugs they arent too much and the wires were good only the coil packs were brittle in any way

for the most part it wasnt just in one spot it was like every plug except for maybee 3