Are These Stock?

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
LMAO @ the kid at Clip's school. What a n00b.

Actually, optima batteries are deep cycle and for some reason everyone thinks they NEED one. Deep cycle batteries are meant to be ran down to empty, then charged up again. They were actually built for boats. People use deep cycle batteries as a secondary battery, usually located in the trunk. Using a deep cycle as your primary battery is not only foolish, but expensive. A deep cycle that doesn't get fully drained, then recharged (i.e. normal usage of draining it 1/100 of the way to run the car) will only last about 4-8 months.

87supraholic

Sep 17, 2006
houston,tx
i think they are stock cuz mine has those blue speakers in it and theyre stock...theyre kenwood...i was wondering the same thing...but my 87 is completly stock so im guessin they came with some kenwood speakers...

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
fotosoup said:
highly doubt it came with kenwoods. I'm fairly sure most supras came with those kind of carbonfiber looking ones.

They absolutely did not come with kenwoods. I seeeeeriously doubt they came with carbon fiber cones, as well. Every factory speaker I've seen has a treated paper cone and foam surround. Somebody prove me wrong if I'm mistaken.

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I was not implying that the material was actually carbon fibre, it's just kind of what it looked like. Most of them I have seen are a kind of weaved material that looks similar to carbon fibre. And usually they are the most deteriorated.

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
No problem :) From the photo they really do look like carbon fiber. All of the factory speakers I've seen are paper, manufacturers usually cheap out like crazy on speaker materials, that's why I don't think they'd use something like that woven cone that was posted.

racingtoyota007

Sep 16, 2006
Georgia
I will take some pics of the rear covers. They definently say kenwoods they look stock also. There arent even kenwoods under the covers thats what saddens me lol.

racingtoyota007

Sep 16, 2006
Georgia
:evil2:
Here you go enjoy

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

mabey its aftermarket sticker or something but it doesnt seem like it but i dont want to tug on it and find out the hard way lol.

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
Im guessing your not the orginal owner sooo someone could have upgraded the speakers before and took them off before he sold you the car....or someone just put it there to be cool lol ah but idk.

My cars lights blink when I have the volume up too =[

racingtoyota007

Sep 16, 2006
Georgia
There is kenwoods there, they jsut are old as hell and are blown. Im not the original owner, no. My spirit used to do that. I had the most powerful alternator posible for the car and a decent battery and my lights would flicker so i just bought a 50 dollar cap and it didnt do it anymore. I think if you have more than 1 cap your just a sound ricer lol.