anything but a head gasket? plz?

mnracer550

Sep 15, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
after doing a few highway pulls with my buddy a couple nights ago i pulled upto an off ramp stoplight and saw steam from my engine bay. quickly pulled over and saw there was coolant everywhere. my temp gauge was still a little lower then half and there was gurgling noise from my upper rad hose usually indicating air in the system. now its misfiring pretty bad and puffin white smoke. anything at all it could be accept the obvious and probable head gasket?

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Did you check for any hoses that were broken or fell off? When you start the car does it take a lot of time to start or is it a quick start? You could drain your oil if it did indeed blow into the oil hole and see if there is in the oil.Check your coolant for oil, or milky substance, and also listen again to see if you can hear the gurgling.

I don't like to be this way, but you really have the signs of a blow head gasket sir.. You have every sign.. When i blew mine, I killed cylidner one compression rings, and blew the head gasket car turned off. I hope you didn't hurt much. Time for a new HG and arp head studs.

mnracer550

Sep 15, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
gurgaling is still there. hoses are fine. lol yea good excuse for a mg and arp studs. no i havnt done much yet to it. im just gonna order the shit and do it. sucks im gonna have to sell my brand new apexi neo to afford it... 300 shipped if anyone wants it! 4 hours of use