Anyone seen one of these?

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I thought I scrapped/sold/gave this away a long time ago. Turned up in a box of random stuff I was gonna toss. Grand National flange for those who are wondering...

Is it worth anything?

Justin727

T-virus infected
Haven't seen one of those for the 7m. The fellow whom may of owned it possibly had a GNX before the supe and kept his turbo..

Just got very familiar with the engine bay of one of those this last month helping a friend put his back together! So when I saw that flange I was like oh look GNX turbo flange strange but they do make some badass bolt on turbo's for that car. Could possibly be useful one day or can sell it for 250-300 for someone familiar with those and wanting to use their turbos.

Justin727

T-virus infected
TY sir,
From what i've seen I suspect that hot side to be small as it is for the GNX. I have not really looked into them myself. But his turbo is a 61 with that flanged hotside that looks small.

Hit's in really good on his car. Would be curious to see how they'll hit on the 7M. I say keep it and use it one day

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Und out it was made by a guy going by DaveH from back in the day... Did a lot of mani's for the 1-2j's...

I've got a lot of interest in purchasing this thing...

Justin727

T-virus infected
figgie;1407307 said:
Why would you think that since the GN was a 3.8L V6? If anything it will be bigger than ours.

reread what I wrote my good friend. From what i've seen, not that I know. My buddy has a 61 on his GNX right now outside in the parking lot. From the front it looks like my turbo but the hotside is alot smaller then mine as far an deminsions go.

As far as wheel size I do not know. But looking at it compared to my hot side the physical size of the hotside looks smaller. This is a 67. The 61 he has, has a small exhaust wheel in it. But seeing this one with such a larger wheel in the hotside doesn't mean it can't be as big just the housing is "slimmer" sorry I should have made myself a little more clearer. I'm not a GNX buff although I will be doing some studying on them now that they've got me interested in the car.

p1407317_1.jpg

p1407317_2.jpg

The one pictures like I said is larger with an internal wg. His is external and the wheel is alot smaller. I should have grabbed pics sorry sir these are off a GNX forum.:icon_razz

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
mkiiSupraMan18;1407309 said:
Und out it was made by a guy going by DaveH from back in the day... Did a lot of mani's for the 1-2j's...

I've got a lot of interest in purchasing this thing...

also turns out i gave it to you dork lol. i also gave you the .63 turbine housing for it.

the flange was slightly warped and leaking at #6 (you can see in the pic). if someone wants to use it they will need to remill the flange. it would also help if someone rewelded a 5/8" flange on it. would be more robust.

edit: its flanged for a 38mm tial gate and the entire inside of the manifold has been hand ported and smooth.

here are some pics of it together (albeit tiny pics)

3138420129_large.jpg

3138420130_large.jpg

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
^ that explains why I had no idea where the f it came from. There wasn't s housing in the box, so I have no idea WTF happened to that. Im considering using it as a future upgrade... Just need to finish talks w/ Jon.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
it was like 3yrs ago or better. that manifold is also serial #1 of 2 produced! ultra uber jdm rareness! i had the pt61 gn bolt on turbo on it. it made 360/420rw at 10.5psi on an afc.

edit: whats up fuzz! i forgot i had a bunch of people over that day. now that i think about it, i believe it was after a ky meet?