Anyone running new cx racing 1jz t4 manifold?

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
Looks better than the china header. Looks like they made the tube a little longer off of the head. Giving more room to get the nuts on. I would convert the 4 bolt wg flange to vband. Looks good

19cturbo

Dec 14, 2012
Kingsport tn
i run a xs power T3. chinese for sure. spent some time with a drimmel cleaning up the insides, and braced it.. no issues yet and just 190 bucks to the door..

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
I have the old xs power mani and it ever failed. But it is a pita, and clocked my turbo poorly. I am looking for something that is a little easier to work with.

Edit and is not full of turbo destroying slag.

Last edited:

Boostage

Oct 4, 2006
Florida
525gte;1962332 said:
Looks better than the china header. Looks like they made the tube a little longer off of the head. Giving more room to get the nuts on. I would convert the 4 bolt wg flange to vband. Looks good

You do know this IS a China manifold dont you?

emoFTW

Dec 3, 2012
OK
Drewgo No longer makes the manifolds, but they were a nice piece. My brother has one on his 1J.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Collector still looks like shit. Waste gate is in the same shitty place as the old version too.

Personally i would just wait or save or both.

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
well I have the money I am just trying to be a cheap ass as usual! My supra is pretty low on my priority list for project funds since I am racing my mustang next year in addition to two motorcycles. I think I am going to clean up the slag in my old manifold and wait to find a drewgo. wish they made a cast mani for the 1jz.

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
Just wondering whats the issue with your china header?. Seems like I remeber a post you made about it long time back

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
The wastegate position, is annoying. But more annoyingly the first runner is not long enough and forced me to weld a 90* bend on the compressor housing outlet and run the outlet right by the shock tower up above my intake pipe (i will try to find a pic) It just looked ugly to me. But at this point i am going to probably end up cleaning the slag out of it, and running it with a bws360 luckily i can get the housing with the 90* bend already. Hopefully m tial 38mm can keep boost below 12 psi for pump fuel.

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
Change the wg pipe to vband. Will it help locatin bye rasing the turbo up.? Maybe add a flange so that you can clock it more
I have the same problem with my header.. we modded it and forgot to raise my turbo bye stacking flanges bye rasising it 1 inch you can probally clock it down and it will look a lot better . I didn't even notice I forgot til after it was coated

p1963367_1.jpg

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
I have a drewgo and also had to raise my turbo by stacking a welded flange to clear a large compressor (had to cut up the compressor outlet as well), and the position of the wastegate itself might be ok, but the position of the actual to-wastegate pipe off a single exhaust runner creates some uncontrollable boost issues. So it's not all gravy in drewgo land either.
It actually held boost well on my 6376H with stock cams, once I swapped out the cams for 272s and increased flow it was all over. Wastegate has been tested. Im thinking about adding a second wastegate maybe off an opposite runner and run two Tial 38s, should be easier than cutting the current situation up and moving the pipe to somewhere near the collector (like these manifolds in this thread are) with a bigger wastegate.

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
Thank you both the the great posts! i will look into adding another flange to try and buy more room for clocking. I also have 272s (the original crower small cores from the GB zazzn set up ages ago) and i was surprised how well the tial 38 kept my boost at 12, however now i suspect i have had turbine damage for several years that might have been hiding my inadequate gate sizing.

525 does that 46mm precision gate (i think that is what u have?) keep things in check with your 6262? What is your low boost setting?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
the 46mm comes with springs from like 1.5psi and by stacking to like 25psi iirc. I have one and it has been working good for past year and a half. Tho on my other car i will be running tials.