Anyone running a JT62 with BB option?

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
JT is a Pretty good guy. Met him a few times. I would have to say that they are just like any of the other turbos, he just put the JT on it instead of the SP or GT and all the rest.

Mike Morris

May 4, 2008
MD/DC
Thanks but thats not what I am asking. And the SP is a way different turbo.
I am asking how much faster the BB option spools that than the stadard JT unit

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
I have a JT58 and saw 24psi at 3700rpms a couple times when tunning and playing with my car on the street... it is non ball bearing... Love the turbo.... going for 500rwhp in a couple weeks.. I wouldn't get the BB version unless you plan on boosting like 25+psi...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
frontierguy25;1502608 said:
I have a JT58 and saw 24psi at 3700rpms a couple times when tunning and playing with my car on the street... it is non ball bearing... Love the turbo.... going for 500rwhp in a couple weeks.. I wouldn't get the BB version unless you plan on boosting like 25+psi...

Not following your thinking on this one?

BB will give the same boost 3>400rpm earlier what does 25+psi have to do with it?

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
I was just saying that It spools very quick for what it is on a stock manifold... I know that with boosting at the higher levels the bb helps with longevity is all... When I asked about my car and the diff in price for the BB version he said that it wouldn't boost up that much sooner is all... Should've said that in the first post..

Mike Morris

May 4, 2008
MD/DC
Thanks everyone.

I drove two cars with the standard JT 62 and was impressed. Comes on quick. From what I have read they are reliable too. My rebuilt SP failed under 300 miles-in the trash it went....
I run race gas and meth all the time. No cat either.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
i have the original JT61GT and love it. Been running it for over 2 (3 now? man time flies) and its great. If I had to do it again now I would go with the BB option.

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
I'm glad to get feedback on the turbos, and that people like 'em. It's been my experience that the BB isn't needed on the JT61GT or the JT62. They come on quick enough for most people and have such a smooth transition that they are right driving on a street car.

And I've have nothing but awesome experiences with my turbos. I figured when I started I'd go with the best quality I could get my hands on, instead of cheaping out on my turbo line. And what I got for it was reliable turbos that just last and last, perfrom well and make my customers happy. Exactly what I wanted. Happy customers are always the best :cool:. And if not, I try to make them happy.

And Mike, shoot me a PM with your phone number. I'll sit down and we can go over every option and talk about whatever your setup is or whatever you're looking to do, and I'll help you get a turbo (or any other part) that fits your needs.

Jeff

GetBoost

Sep 13, 2005
Fayetteville
Hey Jeff remember me, bought that tranny and turbo form you for my 87 white supra turbo.(I think I drove my silver one to your house though?) Jeff is a real nice guy, I bought several things from him 2-3 years ago. The transmission I got for my manual swap is still holding strong. However the turbo I purchased from him is sitting in my room just like when I first purchased it:( I cant even remember which one it was, but I know it was bb with 4in inlet. Plan on getting it installed this summer once I get some fat tires for traction. Right now it is pointless. I will have to relocate the ps res and figure out the dipstick, but I don't expect to have too much trouble. I tell you time flys when you get get married, graduate college, have a baby, and work full time lol... Hope all is well Jeff.

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
GetBoost;1507753 said:
Hey Jeff remember me, bought that tranny and turbo form you for my 87 white supra turbo.(I think I drove my silver one to your house though?) Jeff is a real nice guy, I bought several things from him 2-3 years ago. The transmission I got for my manual swap is still holding strong. However the turbo I purchased from him is sitting in my room just like when I first purchased it:( I cant even remember which one it was, but I know it was bb with 4in inlet. Plan on getting it installed this summer once I get some fat tires for traction. Right now it is pointless. I will have to relocate the ps res and figure out the dipstick, but I don't expect to have too much trouble. I tell you time flys when you get get married, graduate college, have a baby, and work full time lol... Hope all is well Jeff.

Yep, I remember. I do know it's a BB turbo, and I could have you measure it and I'd be able to tell you. I know it's either a JT56, 58 or 62, as that's All I had back then :cool:. I think it was a JT58 with a 4" inlet option. If I had to venture a guess That's what I'd think it was, and Prolly 80% sure, since normally I don't do 56 BB's as they are special order, and very few people got the JT62BB versions (less than 10) and most if not all were out of state. JT58s are the most commonly gotten in BB versions. either way, I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it :cool:. As long as it has been sitting and had oil in it, or in a bag or something it should be fine even after all this time. you might want to spin it gently and make sure it doesn't feel "rough" to turn over from sitting. if it still feels just fine spinning then you're still good to go. If it's gotten rust in it from sitting for years, then that might upset the bearings a little. Good luck with it tho. and as always, if you need anything just shoot me a call (919) 400-9025

Jeff

Jeff

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
That's awesome if you can send me the dynograph, I'll put it on my website. That's a good setup. Also the JT56 is easily good for 22+psi, so if you put race gas in it you can easily crank up the boost. But that's awesome.
I posted on my website it's good for 350-400+rwhp on pump gas. Looks like you proved me right :cool:. 423 on 17psi (easily done on pump gas), nice.

Jeff

GetBoost

Sep 13, 2005
Fayetteville
Yeah its been sitting in the same bag and box that you packed it in back then:) I'll get it out and give it a spin to see if it moves free. I would hope it would still be good, it would break my heart if it had rust in it and couldnt be used... Hey Fuzz thats awesome man, did you use the na res. to relocate your ps?

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
GetBoost;1510837 said:
Yeah its been sitting in the same bag and box that you packed it in back then:) I'll get it out and give it a spin to see if it moves free. I would hope it would still be good, it would break my heart if it had rust in it and couldnt be used... Hey Fuzz thats awesome man, did you use the na res. to relocate your ps?

Mine sat in the box for about two years before i put mine on, zero issues. My car was originally n/a so yea i used the n/a power steering stuff :)

Mike Morris

May 4, 2008
MD/DC
Thanks I will Jon.

Anyone running the JT66? BB version? The JT62s I drove spooled as fast as a SP61GT with more top end. I am not concerned with dynoed numbers since I drag my car and race guys that dyno more than me(and usually win). I am still running a stock shortblock(thought I fried my motor a while back but it was the POS SP turbo that failed after a rebuild) and piggybacks. I think a JT62 with high boost will run mid 11s easily in my 3250 pound car at 125MPH and up on my MTs. Like to go a tad smaller this time but who knows....