anyone play need for speed, most wanted?

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
ive been playing it a while now and during the "drag race" its like i dont have full control over the steering, like there is AI steering assist on or something.. but i dont see anything in the options?

anyone else experience this?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
yes, NFSMW, is gimped, its nice graphics and all, but it just doesnt have the modification to the car like NFS: U2, NFSU2 has fuel maping, ECU mapping, Turbo tuning, and some other stuff, NFSMW has a small menu with a slide bar, wtf.
go get NFSU2, o yea and NFSU2 has more cars.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
NFS:U, NFS:U2, and NFS:MW all have the same steering setup in drag. You steer to choose which lane you want to be in, nothing more. You do not have full control.

NFS:MW still beats NFS:U2! ;).

koulee

Oct 11, 2005
Aye, when drag racing you don't have full control of the steering. You have to tap the directional pad to indicate which lane you want to get into. If you don't you will continue driving straight in the lane that you are in. Overall the game is meh.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Jeff Lange said:
NFS:U, NFS:U2, and NFS:MW all have the same steering setup in drag. You steer to choose which lane you want to be in, nothing more. You do not have full control.

NFS:MW still beats NFS:U2! ;).

yea in graphics but game play
hahaha
NFSMW was crammed out the door just like BF2 and BF:V, and lot of other games EA puts out, they dont let the artists finish their jobs, they give them like a 6month dead line, like WTF, u cant put out a decent tetris clone in that time. EA not FTW.

92turbo4life

Banned
Sep 12, 2005
wherever
i play nfs2
the most wanted is so shitty in my opinion. controll wise it blows. you cant get sideways like you can in 2. also the tuning is for shit and all the cars are cheap when it comes to performence. i dont like it. i like 2 its alot beter for tuning and the drag/drift is good

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
jeff, that makes sense now. thank ya..

havent tried the others, but i do like to smashing up cop cars. that is so much fun...

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
MW is so much better than the underground series it's not funny.

In underground, the AI traffic cars are there for one reason only - to screw up your driving. Plus the AI racers have SUPER mode, where if you get 30 seconds ahead of them, they suddenly can go 1000mph to catch up.

In most wanted, they only gave super mode to the cops. Which still pisses me off, a 1990 Crown Victoria cruiser should not be able to hang with a lambo no matter what they do to it, but the ones in the game don't seem to have a problem. :(

IMO the driving in MW is going back towards the realistic setting that made NFS famous back in the day, which is good - the U series was too arcady.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Yeah, I think MW is much better than Underground series. Though Underground was still pretty addictive.

I've got MW for PS2 and PC. w00t!

I still need to get a Logitech Momo Force for my PC, stupid people asking so much freaking money for them now! They were down to like $130 USD, now they fetch over $250 USD on eBay all the time! Argh! My Wingman Formula Force still has nicer feedback, but I love the Momo's look, etc. It would have been sweet if the momo had the cable-driven feedback. Cable-driven rocks so much. Belt drive isn't bad either. Cable drive would get a bit larger with a 270 degree setup though.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
wow conflicting reviews huh.,...i was actually impressed with the AI on the cop cars, i agree they should not be able to hang with ya, but it would be boring if you could loose them easily.. a sharp 90 u turn around a jersy barrier seems to work a little too easy. i like to pit them, and destroy their cars, so far i think ive killed 40 cop cars in one race. i do like how the cars handle, once set up.. they all act different..

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
LOL - Jeff, you and I have the same wheel!

I keep looking at the new(er) Momo model, but I really don't want to lose the cable drive feedback setup. Thought about modding two of them into one, but that's a lot of coin for something that I don't use that much...

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
GrimJack said:
LOL - Jeff, you and I have the same wheel!

I keep looking at the new(er) Momo model, but I really don't want to lose the cable drive feedback setup. Thought about modding two of them into one, but that's a lot of coin for something that I don't use that much...

I've modded mine. I bought a Logitech Wingman Formula (non-USB) on eBay, it's got the black steering wheel instead of the red one, took a bit to get it all working, but nothing too hard. I also had 2 Formula Force wheels, one from Taiwan, one from China. (Chinese ones are the later ones). The difference between ones made in Taiwan and ones made in China is huge, it's really quite a bit. Taiwan generally had a better product, but the force feedback is SO much weaker with the Taiwan ones.

It's been found that a lot of the Chinese ones have a bent main shaft though, and my China one had a lot more play in the wheel, which always bothered me.

In an attempt to get a higher feedback response on my Taiwan wheel, I ended up really borking the circuitry, which gave me a bunch of extra parts for my China wheel, heh.

I swapped over the main shaft and bushings from the Taiwan unit to the China unit, believe me, rewrapping the steel cables isn't something you want to do, lol. I also doubled up the springs in the pedals (I think, maybe only the brake pedal, not sure anymore), but it feels a lot better.

I still want to pickup the Jens Schumacher ball-bearing kit for it, but I don't even know if he still makes it. I may inquire about that.

With what I've spent on my one LWFF, I could have had a momo by now ;).

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Ok so we are down to this, NFSMW only reason its good is because of the cops and graphics?
i got a solution for that, play GTA:SA on the comp. add in all high res cars, anytype u want, hell the ones from NFSMW. bam cop chases. and what was with them taking out drifting, i say that is gimp.

NFSU2 : PWNS, thats what we have come to, here.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
D34DC311 said:
NFSU2 : PWNS, thats what we have come to, here.
No.

U2 is the worst racing game I think they have ever produced. It is the only one I never finished! I put it away when I realized it was just making me angry how the computer has to cheat - and cheat BAD - just to stay competitive.

MW has better graphics, better story, more realistic handling, and the NPCs are more realistic - except the cops.

Oh - and GTA blows. Bigtime. I don't care who you can have sex with or whether you can jump your car over a building, it's obviously a game built for the simple controls you can get on a gaming console that was cheaply ported to PC. (Still better than U2 though, I've finished all the GTA games at least.)

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
I like MW to me its was really fun I like all racing games I think if they combined both of them together it would be a better game I like how NFS went back to its roots on this one. But you have to admit that story was one of the most Riciest things ive every seen lol. Was it me or when the Beamer ran out of oil who thought of a 7m lol.