anyone looking for a minty mk3???

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
ForcedTorque;1818568 said:
That's nice, but I'd look at the 91 for half the money

the 91 is my old boss's car. its pretty nice but not a fan of the moon roof or color. it is a pretty rare combo though. both cars are 5spds which is a plus.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
That car is not quite mint, really...I looked at it earlier, about a year ago. Talked to the owner, too. It's a nice car for sure; excellent interior, professional repairs...(still has it's front engine covers) but it has had body damage, which taints the "mint" feel in my opinion.
Last I noticed, the transmission and bellhousing had oil on it, after the car sat for months in Arcata. I don't know how bad the leaks are.

It's had at least one transmission replacement (surprised me...sounded like he was having quite a bit of trouble with what I thought was a reliable tranny).
Not sure on the head gasket condition, I'd forgotten as soon as I looked at the price he wants. He told me he didn't want to make a whole lot on it. psh! 10k is what I'd expect to see on a car without any history of damage. Once you screw up the stock paint it's just not the same...

I've looked at the 91, and it does need a repaint, the fading clearcoat on the roof and the bonnet make it look rather aged, and I think that color would only look good if it was kept super clean and shiny (that's coming from someone with a black supra). I'd get it sooner than the silver because of the price and the fact the owner knew about the head gasket and fixed it (properly), most likely.

Anyway...anyone want to give me 10k to offset the price on a 1994 black-on-black TT with 111k miles? How is $25k for that year, by the way? I wish they weren't so glorified; I could get a similar SC300 for a lot less, and probably have money for more power and suspension upgrades. I could be way wrong though, and finding a 5spd or swapping in a 6spd would probably be rather pricey, but still....
:(

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
SupraMedical68;1823522 said:
The '91 would seem like the better choice to me, minus the paint code.
The paint is the ONLY thing keeping me from calling that guy up. otherwise it seems like a clean car.
For a $10,000 the car should at least have a clear accident history

/\ This. It stinks when I sometimes think about the accident history of my car, and the hidden damage. Makes it feel tainted...i guess. not a bid deal but safety wise, resale wise (haha...evident here in this thread!), and performance wise (creaking noises and chassis flex/fitment of panels etc...) ---all that becomes a concern/annoyance/whatever.

Not worth 10k, not even close.