Anyone know what is wrong w/my car?

bstevenson

Jun 1, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
So I'm coming home from work yesterday and I pull up behind some cars and am waiting at this stop sign, I'm sitting there playing with the clutch (rolling back and forth) and all of a sudden my car dies. . .well that sucks, so I go to start it back up and it cranks for a few seconds and nothing. I crank it again and it cranks for a few more seconds and then backfires. Got it over on the side of he road and called my dad to bring the tow dolly. Tried to crank it again while waiting and it just cranked away but nothing. He got there, and we pulled it home. He told me to crank it over so he could listen to it and the car started right up!!! Well its running now, but I want to fix whatever is wrong with it but I kind of don't know what that is. Anyone have any clues as to what I should check?

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
my car did this when the cps wires were not making. the guy(to be nice) who owned the car before me cut the connectors off and then did a shystie job of splicing them back. gl

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
i agree the cps wiring. i had a lot of problems w/ this and other 7m's.

best bet is cut off the clip and solder the leads together. that will fix it right up.

i pm'd you my number a couple weeks ago. give me a call, id be glad to help you out w/ it.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
supra90turbo said:
Yeah. The cps connectors are not doing their job.
What I want to know is why the CPS is always the culprit.

sorry meant to respond to this too.

the reason why is the design. they use a male and female pin for the connectors. the female side over time loosens up and makes intermittent connection or loss thereof from the cps to the ecu. no spark signal = dead

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
So I'm coming home from work yesterday and I pull up behind some cars and am waiting at this stop sign, I'm sitting there playing with the clutch (rolling back and forth)
99 out of 100 times the problem is...