Anyone Know the MKIII Stock Sway bar Diameter

bovvinsuprahiro

Jul 12, 2008
Lincoln, ne
Poodles;1244349 said:
Not sure why it matters as size of the swaybar doesn't really tell you much...

But here's the info that was gathered a while back by our SM Expert on Suspension and Vehicle Dynamics: Wiisass
http://www.theoryinpracticeengineering.com/tech/SupraARBtest.pdf

well i dont want to buy a smaller size then wat is stock that would be waste of money if the stock ones are still strong and there are problems. i want to make sure its an upgrade and not just paying more for a name on my metal. Tanabe makes different sizes and one is almost stock i would rather get a bigger one which means stronger. That is science dont need to know cars to know that a thicker bar will bend and flex less.

bovvinsuprahiro

Jul 12, 2008
Lincoln, ne
Poodles;1244349 said:
Not sure why it matters as size of the swaybar doesn't really tell you much...

But here's the info that was gathered a while back by our SM Expert on Suspension and Vehicle Dynamics: Wiisass
http://www.theoryinpracticeengineering.com/tech/SupraARBtest.pdf

thanks that link kicks ass that is just wat I was looking for it sucks to have a budget and not just be able to buy watever haha. Thanks tho

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
bovvinsuprahiro;1245360 said:
well i dont want to buy a smaller size then wat is stock that would be waste of money if the stock ones are still strong and there are problems. i want to make sure its an upgrade and not just paying more for a name on my metal. Tanabe makes different sizes and one is almost stock i would rather get a bigger one which means stronger. That is science dont need to know cars to know that a thicker bar will bend and flex less.

You do realise that the stock bars are hollow don't you?

Same size solid bar is going to be stiffer.

bovvinsuprahiro

Jul 12, 2008
Lincoln, ne
IJ.;1245367 said:
You do realise that the stock bars are hollow don't you?

Same size solid bar is going to be stiffer.

really no i didnt that y I ask before I buy now lol... wat about ST do they make solid bars or hollow? cant find any info but got a guy with a used set for cheap only 5000 miles on them.