Anyone in New York area still............

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
mine is out side of my house where it has sat since the end of october. im pulling the motor out AGAIN and tearing it down to have the machine work done to install a MHG.

it SUCKS working in this weather.

Grenadian7mgte

Under Construction!
Apr 19, 2005
Statesville,NC
www.myspace.com
:eek:ffwall: I must have the supra bug real bad guys cause i really have no problem working on the supra year round until there is absolutly nothing left to do and i really dont see that happening any time soon:evil2: Hey lagged if you need a hand one day pullin the engine out gimme a shout!

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
thanks for the offer. i have just lost a bit of my ambition, thats why its not done yet. last february i had just pulled this motor for a rebuild, put the motor back in, blew a HG in the summer. so i pulled the head with the motor in the car and replaced that, and just recently i took the car on a trip up to boston, HG blew AND an oil line let go causing an oil fire. i spent 7 hours repairing my wire harness, not to mention i had to have the car towed back to my house while it was around 175 miles away.

ill have the motor out by the end of this week, just have to find time around work and finals for this semester to do the job.

Grenadian7mgte

Under Construction!
Apr 19, 2005
Statesville,NC
www.myspace.com
ill have the motor out by the end of this week, just have to find time around work and finals for this semester to do the job.[/QUOTE

Lagged..I am always willing to help a fellow supra lover, so when ever.I work night for now so most of the day i dig up in the supra.Today i am going to take out seats,carpet and some moldings to run my wires for my music properly.I did a quick rebuilt a couple of weeks ago and damaged the hg putting it on and had to spend eight hours replacing the hg and now i get some smoke when i gear down to a stop so i am asuming its the valve seals.so we all have supra issues(CHEER UP NO BIG DEA WE CANT FIX):evil2:

Grenadian7mgte

Under Construction!
Apr 19, 2005
Statesville,NC
www.myspace.com
gp-7mgte said:
I am still driving around (manhattan/bronx), just saving up for a JDM 7M. Just taking it easy on this motor got a slight rod knock.

Be carefull,it can turn from a small knock to a big one in minutes,check your oil every day and let it warm up real good before driving.I'm telling you this cause i just had to change my bearings a couple of weeks ago from hearing a little rod knock and letting the oil ru down to low and that was that.

dtoys

Need Job..will travel!!
Sep 22, 2005
jersey
Grenadian7mgte said:
My hands are always free to help a fellow supra owner,let me know whats up.:evil2:

i appreciate the offer!! i'm lookin for a good day..where it's not too cold.. i had to change my alternator two weeks ago, when it was 22 degrees.. talk bout cold!! so, i need a warm day..we'll see.. where in BK you at?

gp-7mgte

Ramrod
May 29, 2005
under my hood
Grenadian7mgte said:
Be carefull,it can turn from a small knock to a big one in minutes,check your oil every day and let it warm up real good before driving.I'm telling you this cause i just had to change my bearings a couple of weeks ago from hearing a little rod knock and letting the oil ru down to low and that was that.

yeah i am checking it everyday, not pushing it just using it like a grocery getter right now. Well i have to do an oil change soon and was wondering if there is any find of oil out there that might help reduce the damages of rod knock?

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
gp-7mgte said:
yeah i am checking it everyday, not pushing it just using it like a grocery getter right now. Well i have to do an oil change soon and was wondering if there is any find of oil out there that might help reduce the damages of rod knock?

nothing. dont fool your self.

if you are planning on keeping that motor and rebuilding it, STOP DRVING THE CAR NOW.

if you are gonna pick up another motor then by all means, run it into the ground.

gp-7mgte

Ramrod
May 29, 2005
under my hood
lagged said:
nothing. dont fool your self.

if you are planning on keeping that motor and rebuilding it, STOP DRVING THE CAR NOW.

if you are gonna pick up another motor then by all means, run it into the ground.

nah, aiming for a JDM 7M. But try to make this motor last as long as i can. I am finda low on funds so got to make the best with what i have.

Grenadian7mgte

Under Construction!
Apr 19, 2005
Statesville,NC
www.myspace.com
dtoys said:
i appreciate the offer!! i'm lookin for a good day..where it's not too cold.. i had to change my alternator two weeks ago, when it was 22 degrees.. talk bout cold!! so, i need a warm day..we'll see.. where in BK you at?

I am in the flatbush area,When i had to change my hg a couple of weeks ago it was about 30 degrees so your not alone freezing your butt off for the supra.It took about eight hours to do and that included running back and forth do defrost my fingers.:evil2:

Grenadian7mgte

Under Construction!
Apr 19, 2005
Statesville,NC
www.myspace.com
gp-7mgte said:
nah, aiming for a JDM 7M. But try to make this motor last as long as i can. I am finda low on funds so got to make the best with what i have.

Lagged is wright about the oil and not driving it but if thats what you got to get you around then i would just put 10/40 because of the winter,you dont want to go to thick now cause it will not get up to the head quick enough on cold start upand cause further damage,and take it easy real easy.:evil2:

Today im going to check a couple sensors and try to find out why i am burning so rich and nothing is coming up in the cpu so off i go.Later guys