Anyone Hiding an exhaust cut-out. Let's see what you did?

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
I'm sure many people run an electronic exhaust cutout before the CC. Even more so with a aftermarket downpipe or custom full ehaust. I'm thinking of installing one soon. Just want to see some ideas of hiding it good enough. This would be a good idea when I want to drive my car to the track, even with that extra weight:evil2:

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
with a catalatyic converter in mine passed air care first try. I lucked out with the emmisions test.

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
Yea, the car would need to be tuned down on the street so you can run a clean a/f, to save the life of the CC. I should have mine soon, and can start piecing things together.

i was thinking of painting thin strips of steel black and angling it with the exhaust cutout on both sides. either weld or bolt up. but my welding isn't good so i haven't decided yet.

Jayhall: Nice. With what size exhaust or what kind of exhaust system.

Mine has passed with a full custom 3" in the past and plan to just keep it.
In order to avoid cops when i see them.

Here in NY, cops are everywhere which is good but way to many on highways.

Last edited:

C.44

Apr 7, 2005
Behind the keyboard...
I'm interested in this aswell, i made my exhaust myself and i actually want a cutout... but the problem with all this is that everything on my car will be thoroughly inspected when i'll be trying to register it in Germany. They don't like non-stock and they hate custom but i want a cutout lol.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
ive got a 3.5" BIC downpipe, test pipe, and cat back with a magnaflow muffler. Like i say, i got very luckey with my test results