Anyone here in the aerospace industy?

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
forcefedsupra said:
I am an avionics tech for the Navy working on F/A-18 hornets, MH-53 helo's and C-130's. That's not far from it.

Really, same here. I'm I-level and I also work with EA6B's and P3's

Last edited:

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
This is just what I've been told from the guys going that direction but the programs are identical. The Navy's 2M manual and NASA's NASA/MSFC certification are nearly the same. But the certification itself doesn't shift over. So all we have to do is the recertification under NASA. Which is pretty easy. We don't have to take the schools again.

So the short answer is No, but we took the Navy equivalent.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Soldering does have pretty good prospects, the real "in" with it is that you can move on to QA easily. And there are some real good jobs their.

All of those classes in the like look just like the stuff we took in Micro/miniature school. It's good stuff.

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Well I am not looking for a job in soldering or QA. I did soldering and SMT at university and have had some work experience in the field.

Its just that I have seen alot of engineering jobs in the aerospace industry that require Mil Standard certifications or NASA standards.

I think I do know alot about SMT, etc and just would like to get NASA certs to improve my job prospects.

My background is electronic/electrical engineering and I would like to get as many NASA certs as I can, to land a very good job in the aerospace industry amd switch back to electronic/electrical engineering from my current job which mostly involves mechanical engineering.

Cheers,
Roy