Anyone heard of D7E Bearings?

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Greetings all,

I am rebuilding a 22RE engine and the bearings I pulled our are marked 'D7E'. My internet searching leads to the same place. Caterpillar (CAT)...

If that's the case, it is VERY interesting as to how/why they're in my engine. Tolerances are tolerances; but, in all my engine tear-down history, this is a first.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
All babbitt material gone on 1, 2, and 3. 4 showed normal wear.

The engine BHG'd on 2 & 3 which is why I pulled it apart. The main cause of the bearing failure was a ~50% obstructed oil pick-up screen which I wouldn't have found had the HG not given way.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Didn't you know Kenny? Toyota 22R's are what power most Caterpillar equipment...

Seriously though, that is odd... Google brought back nothing Toyota related with that number huh? Sounds like someone got creative with your truck to me.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
22R's are spunky! (NOT) ;)

It is strange. I see no signs of entry to the lower end. There are no undersize markings on the bearings either so I can only assume that these are factory bearings.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
barring is barring for a 22re's, they don't really need really just fill them full of sand and you good to go hahaha

but really you cna make the 22re move good just takes some small addons

header (good upgrade)
supra afm.... just swap the eletrocnits over (good upgrade)
msd blaster coil (good upgrade)
cone based filter
7mgte thottle body bolts up just have to hog manifold (not bad of upgrade)
the newer manifiold in stead of the tilted thorttle body (ok of a upgrade)
porting and lots of it (god bless you upgrade) even with stock vavles
e fan

i have done all this to my 22re besides porting and well it goes really well now with 35's and 3980 truck

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Here's what she's getting:
SS Tubular Exhaust Header
Re-Routed Intake (moving from driver's side to passenger side)
272* Cam
Head Port/Polish (should be done tomorrow)
Gasket Match
Cone Filter
Marlin Crawler 1200lb Clutch

I hadn't even thought of the 7MGTE Throttle body and AFM housing. I can easily accomplish those mods. He he...thanks! :)

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
hate to say it but cams on 22r's well umm are use less they really don't do much of any thing besides confuse the computer

but you can get older cam and swap it in there better then the newer gen ones

7mge afm and throttle body will wake it up alot mixed wiht baster coil good to go

ps you will have to make up a throttle linkage thou and you will have to push out the brass center race for proper tps adjustment all so you have to use the 87 to 88 throttle body becase the 22re stock tps can work with it

in less you cut pig tail off the 7mgte harness and just run 7mgte tps

skip on the stuiped msd boxes they don't do any thing cetp break lol

if you wana read about my truck and jazz just add me on face book via pm

i don't really update thsi any more

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...ck-down-hills-are-fun/page2&highlight=nashman

Last edited:

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
Hey if anyone wants a turbo 22r cam I just remembered I have one, it's pretty much the same spec lift and duration and separation as the LC engineering stage 4 mild and stage 5 turbo cam. Ended up going 4g63 in my crawler to a r151 :)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Thanks Nash.

Thanks Steven.

I think I'm set on parts and mods for now. I just want it back on the road. As much as I hate to say it, I miss her... ;)

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
ya big cams for the 22re is just waste in less your carb or stand alone the stock ecu just really does not like them and the mild ones don't do ditty

just fair warning

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
That's crazy. I never seen anything like that.

I know in the carribean, mechanics use beer cans to shim worn out bearings if they are not severely scoured.