anyone have experience this IC

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I have no experience with that IC, so you may get better info in the future.

BUT, if you click on that sellers feedback number, you will see 60 negative feedbacks in the last 12 months. That's 5 a month, or just over 1 per week!! Do you want to be that 1? If you get good reviews on it, find a better seller. Big feedback numbers are great, but they also require a little investigation. 98% is not always good!

mikeoc1

Jun 25, 2009
Ft Benning
Wow. thanks for pointing that out, I am usually careful who I buy from on ebay. Driftmotion has the same one so I prob would end up getting it from them anyway if I go that route.

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
If you just have oil gunk in yours, you could try letting it soak in a parts washer. If possible, point the nozzle of the washer into the inlet so the solvent flows through the intercooler. Might work, might not, but its worth a try.
-AM3

mikeoc1

Jun 25, 2009
Ft Benning
Thats good info thanks, I have been relunctant to replace it because I didnt want to deal with the mounting hassles that come with the aftermarket products. If I kept stock cleaned out IC would I benefit from new 2.5" ic piping over stock?

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
As mentioned, throw some cheap gas in it, cap the inlet and outlet, shake the hell out of it. Repeat until the gasoline you pour out is clean.

Take the $150 you would have wasted with that lousy ebay seller, save it and put it towards a decent IC upgrade down the road.

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
THis is the one you need brother it is the exact same replica as the SPEARCO INTERCOOLER that was made for our cars. I have pushed the stock intercooler to 375rwhp and over 400 lbs torq @15 psi with a ct26/60-1 and i had hard pipes. This is almost the same dimensions as the stock intercooler except it is 3 inches wide versus the stock 2 inches. Did i forget to mention its only $80 SHIPPED. Or you can just get the Intercooler kit on ebay that is $330 shipped OBO , you can probably get it for $300 shipped. I was looking at the hard pipe kits for the stock intercooler and they are $250 shipped so for an extra 50-60 dollars you get the intercooler as a kit. Well good luck and keep us posted

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BAR-PLATE-1...ruck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_3349wt_1270

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GODSPEED-88...ruck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_3344wt_1270

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
The fin density of the ebay intercoolers is pathetic in comparison to some of the high end name brand units. I have only seen pics, but there is an obvious difference. That being said, I have an ebay intercooler(cxracing) and it works fine for me, but I am only running around 375 RWHP through a CT, and it is a street car. I could see there being an issue if it was a track car under high loads for long periods of time.

tomsupra8683

82gts7mgte
Mar 31, 2007
puyallup
The godspeed one is built well, its better then the other ones i had from ebay by alot.Construted from thick alluminum and the welds are awsome not tack welded like alot of the cheap ones.

mikeoc1

Jun 25, 2009
Ft Benning
tomsupra8683;1773694 said:
The godspeed one is built well, its better then the other ones i had from ebay by alot.Construted from thick alluminum and the welds are awsome not tack welded like alot of the cheap ones.

How was the mounting of the Godspeed? How much relocation had to be done?( oil cooler ect).