Anyone familar with HKS VPC setup

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
Hoping to get a few tips from someone who has ran/or is using this setup.

I recently took out my maft basic setup to go to speed density with the VPC, everything is installed and wire up. My IAT sensor is located right underneath my throttle body (FFIM), and my MAP sensor is pulled right off the manifold.

The problem I am having is at WOT I cant get my A/F's to come anywhere above 10.5:1 and have pulled as much fuel as I can. And then at crusing its the opposite, the A/F's sit pretty lean around 16.5:1 and 17:1.

My fuel pressure is set to 40psi without vacuum.

thanks

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
if you crank the knobs all the way up does it get richer? not sure how rich your sensor reads. did it run rich with the maft?

also, an afc works wonders hooked up to the vpc.

hi shyler!

suprashy

Jun 21, 2005
Nassau County, NY
Wassup Kentucky Dave!!

Do u think the OP timing is set correctly? I ask this bec. he's very rich, and if I remember correctly, if you pull too much fuel out (like I did on my SAFC) to try to get a better a/f, then the computer will retard the timing. For starters, don't u think he should make sure his timing is correct (or am I way off here)?

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
suprashy;1441268 said:
Wassup Kentucky Dave!!

Do u think the OP timing is set correctly? I ask this bec. he's very rich, and if I remember correctly, if you pull too much fuel out (like I did on my SAFC) to try to get a better a/f, then the computer will retard the timing. For starters, don't u think he should make sure his timing is correct (or am I way off here)?
My timing is dead on, Like I said I can't pull fuel out because the knobs are not doing anything, Im going to try a few different chips today.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
i'm gonna say the map sensor is ok or it would run like ass. how do you have it hooked up at the ecu? specifically, the air flow signal. have you checked codes? did you add the resistor in?