Anyone ever had issues with champion spark plugs?

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
an instructor of mine @ school told us that champions were the worst thing to ever happen to spark plugs... he doesnt even trust them to a lawnmower. He said if NGK did his domestic applications he would use NGK's... swears by them. As do I.

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
Well that's good to know lol. they were a cheap temporary solution anyway, just testing the heat range. I plan to go with NGK's soon

Anyone have a part number (autozone) for NGK coppers? I refuse to pay $9-12 per plug for iridiums, sorry.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Standard Champions work well in Dodges, and that's about it.

The Champion Truck plugs, OTOH, I recommend to anyone burning more oil than gas - as they are the most foul-resistant plugs I've ever seen ;)

turbotrev

Goin WEEEEE on my gsxr600
Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
DO NOT USE CHAMPION BRAND ANYTHING B/C THIER FACTORY IS IN MY TOWN AND EVERYONE THAT WORKS THERE ARE F-TARDS AND F-UPS. HEED MY WARNING DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!!! THEY RE-USE OLD DIRTY OIL AND MARKET IT AS NEW STUFF AND THEY USE THE WORST MATERIALS FOR EVERY PRODUCT.

TRUST ME ON THIS ONE!!!!!!!

trev

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
I ran Champion plats. on my 89 & it ran fine for a short while. Started to miss
so I pulled them & found the ceramic insalator had cracked on two of them. #5 plug fell out of the socket in 2 pieces.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Lawn mowers? Fwiw Champions are the number one plug in aviation and have been for over 60 years. Millions of people trust their lives to them every day. In fact they're one of only two plug manufacturers approved for use in most aircraft so yeah, they must be clueless about how to make the things.