Anyone else have the stomach flu?

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
So I've been vomiting since 5am...since the vomiting has finally stoppped for a while, and I had a chance to get on the net...just thought you guys might like to know . :biglaugh:

Anyone have any home remedies they could offer? :(

Justin727

T-virus infected
i had it thru most of last week. luckily by friday it was gone... It was comming out both ends my friend. Very rough week, couldn't get sleep cause I was up every 15 minutes in the bathroom and couldn't take off from work cause 2 guys were out on vacation and I couldn't leave the other guy to work alone..

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Hot peppers (habanero, jalapeno, whatever you can get your hands on) - you have to get worse to get better. Shock and awe campaign FTW.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I had a 24-hour bug that had me miserable on Christmas Eve. If you have food poisoning type symptoms, here is my recommendation:
Apple Cider Vinegar
Pepto Bismol
Saltine Crackers
Water/Gatorade

Take a double shot of the vinegar. I HATE vinegar, but the acidity should kill most any type of bacteria that is causing you grief. It might come back up, and it will feel like your stomach is on fire, or at least hot [I have an acid-reflux problem, so your experience might be different]. Just make sure it's been in your stomach and for awhile.
Pepto an hour later, or more, and when needed. Use the rest whenever you like. I didn't get out of bed much on the 24th. What is weird is that I would have a raging fit of throwing up and feeling miserable, and then I would feel great for about 30 minutes. I used that time to go get some vinegar, but by the time I got to Safeway, I felt like crap again - so I was outside dry-heaving into their garbage can until I felt like actually going in.
What a miserable day.
The vinegar was definitely worth the trip, though - it always is.
I'm telling you though, by the nighttime I was eating saltines and drinking water like a champ, and the next day I felt normal.

In the past year I've had food poisoning 4 times - two of those times being REALLY bad - and of those two bad times, the apple cider vinegar and pepto treatment is all I can really say WORKS for me. Give it a try the next time you are about to die of food poisoning.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Big Wang Bandit said:
Oh shit, I don't remember posting that.

And no, I wasn't too drunk to fuck. ask me how i know
If you lie and say you had sex Im'ma come down there and punch you in the balls.