Any Seattle area Supra owners here?

sen98037

Jan 21, 2009
Lynnwood, WA
I have an 89 N/A Supra and my project for this year is to get it turbocharged. I am wondering if there are any Seattle Supra owners in here that can recommend a good machine shop to have the bottom end work done.

Thanks in advance

Scott

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
Nope no Supra owners here.... :dunno:

I use a shop here in Kirkland which goes by the name....

www.cdengines.com/

JK: We have all the best Supras here in Seattle ;) Come to one of our meets every week (depending on the weather) at Burger Master. Check out our NW section for more details.

~Cory

sen98037

Jan 21, 2009
Lynnwood, WA
rs4rush;1233344 said:
Nope no Supra owners here.... :dunno:

I use a shop here in Kirkland which goes by the name....

www.cdengines.com/

JK: We have all the best Supras here in Seattle ;) Come to one of our meets every week (depending on the weather) at Burger Master. Check out our NW section for more details.

~Cory

I will definately come out to one of the meets as soon as I get it running :icon_bigg

bobmilkman

Jul 20, 2008
Bothell, WA
I have lurked/read here a lot but I guess I haven't posted before.. I am rebuilding a 7mgte to put in a 1977 Celica here in Kirkland/Bothell and am about to get machine work done.
Anyways, my question is if you would recommend C&D on value (are they a rip off or not), and is it high quality/precision work? I need it bored and the block resurfaced for a MHG. Fortunately, the engine had a brand new head on it, so no issues on that side.

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
bobmilkman;1233494 said:
I have lurked/read here a lot but I guess I haven't posted before.. I am rebuilding a 7mgte to put in a 1977 Celica here in Kirkland/Bothell and am about to get machine work done.
Anyways, my question is if you would recommend C&D on value (are they a rip off or not), and is it high quality/precision work? I need it bored and the block resurfaced for a MHG. Fortunately, the engine had a brand new head on it, so no issues on that side.

I would recommend them! I've had a few heads machined and worked on and they have always done good work. They know what they are doing and have been in business forever. Plus they know quite a bunch about 7M's which is always a plus! I would say their price is more than fair.

~Cory

bobmilkman

Jul 20, 2008
Bothell, WA
MA71;1237953 said:
Northwest Connecting Rod, they're the shit :yumyum:

Yeah I independently came to that decision based on a friend's advice, plus they are the cheapest reputable shop I could find in the seattle area. The engine is there now.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Much better option is to buy the 1JZ front cut, that is for sale on Craigslist right now. Adding a turbo to a 7M-GE=FAIL!!!:nono: Huge waste of money, IMHO.

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
91T breezen';1252329 said:
Much better option is to buy the 1JZ front cut, that is for sale on Craigslist right now. Adding a turbo to a 7M-GE=FAIL!!!:nono: Huge waste of money, IMHO.

Agreed, it was the best thing I've ever done to my car. Plus everyone is doing it!

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
My 2 cents.
MAke sure the shop you are going to is a business not some's garage got burnt their bad
Try UPGARAGE.USA in tacoma. Then get half cuts and build some nice cars. Goot honest people .I cannot remember any good shops north of the Snohomish line. UNless you count people doind projestc out of their carages...IMHO stay from Intec the are didshits