Any one regret their swap?

Tnice17

May 26, 2014
CT
Hi Everyone,

I have been searching for the best way to meet my HP goal, 450-500whp, and everything i find about JZ swaps is very old and everyones build is either not finished or it just drops off the face of the earth.

I cant decide to swap or run a higher boost stock bottom end 7m. (healthy 107k miles, HG and ARPs have been done already, would also like it reliable). Not my DD but i would not like to rebuilt in 10k miles either. I would like to keep AC and no warning lights on the dash too.

Anyway, has anyone done a JZ swap and regret it due to all of the small things driving you crazy? I am very mechanically inclined and would do all the work my self.

right now a 2jz NA-T with 7m electronics is on my radar.

Thanks!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Personally i would just go full gte or run the na 2jz with a standalone.

But no i doubt it unless the swap is bootleg.

im not sure about the small things either. the jz series are far similar engines than the 7m and much cheaper to maintain'

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
Sometimes I feel bad it's taking so long, is so expensive, etc.

I made things complicated for myself going with an AR-5 and swapping my engine into a car that had a modified subframe, choosing to do a weird water to air setup...

But I still think the effort will have been worth it, not just for the car I have in the end but because I learned a lot in the process, like how to weld and use a CNC mill, and a wealth of things about cars in general. Also maybe some time and money management skills. (I went from being terrible to slightly less terrible.)

Tnice17

May 26, 2014
CT
miekedmr;2055134 said:
Sometimes I feel bad it's taking so long, is so expensive, etc.

Feel you on that! I do like to consider the turn around time. I would really like to go for a ride with someone that has simple bolt ons, 57 trim for example. Who knows, maybe I'll be happy with that. Simple and done.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
My swap took me too a while to complete, but Ive now been running essentially problem free for almost 9 years. Cant say the same for any of the numerous 7M's I had problems with