Any Missouri supras?

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
im from wellsvill about twenty minutes down the new florence exit off i70 about an hour and a half from stl my build thread is in my sig drop me a comments

EOS

Obsessed with photography
Feb 27, 2008
St Louis, MO
Well, I live in St Louis, so I say we have it here in St Louis…That way it’d be a really short drive for me.

Just kidding…:biglaugh:

I’d say the best location would be a “mid-point” in Missouri. That way everyone would have a bit of a drive to get there, and it would seem more fair to everyone involved. After taking a good look at a Missouri map, I’d say the best possibilities would be Jefferson City or Rolla. Both Jefferson City and Rolla have auto parts stores that could be helpful, should someone have a problem with their car. As far as Toyota dealerships are concerned, Jefferson City has one in town, and while Rolla doesn’t have one, there is one in St. Roberts, which is only 20-25 miles away. Either would be a great choice, but since many of you are in mid to southern Missouri, Rolla might be the better location.

Additionally, there are many other things that we’d need to decide regarding the meet. For example, how big do we want this meet to be? Another thought would be to decide on whether we’re basically restricting this meet to MK3 Supras, or whether we want to invite all generations of Supras to the meet. We could also invite other Toyota models as well. Obviously, we could make this a meet not only for those in Missouri, but also for those in surrounding states. Do we want to have a formal car show with trophies to hand out? If we did that, we could charge a small entry fee for those entering the car show to cover the cost of the trophies, with the rest of the money generated going to a charity. This would obviously help a charity and be good publicity for the Supra community.

Don’t get me wrong; I’m not trying to have this balloon into some sort of huge event, nor am I trying to seize control of the whole thing. We could make this a big event, or we could make this an event for a few people from Supramania who’d like to attend. I’ve been thinking about the various possibilities for an event like this, and we could make it as large or as small as everyone would like it to be. It’s completely up to all of you. I’m more than happy to work on organizing this meet to make it happen, no matter how large or small it ends up being. Nevertheless, it will obviously be a “team effort”; it will definitely require help from other people.

I’d really like to help make this happen, and I hope I haven’t tweaked off anyone with all of these ideas. As always, my PM box is open to ideas/suggestions about this.

Joe

pnutcar

1jz Asshole :)
Jan 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
I'm down for planning this in StL in the spring. Myself, SupraRacer01 (white 1j), 00civicex (black mkiv bpu), Mazzer (91 7m), etc. are all around here. Most of us went to the SF meet in Springfield in April and had a blast. Also made lots of new friends in Springfield, Como, KC, as well as Nebraska. We can maybe get a few Indy and Chi ppl as well.

We're going to try for spring because Gateway Int'l Raceway will be open, we can get all of our local boards together, maybe a shootout or something. As always, will have a cruise, bbq/eating, dyno, fun on the town, some late nite drags, etc. We'll start a new thread when it gets a little closer. I know it sucks for some of you driving from far out, but also having a bigger pool of parts stores, garages, tools, expertise, etc. will make it easier for everyone, as well as having 93/race/corn fuel avail as well.

EOS

Feb 27, 2008
St Louis, MO
SupraRacer01 has a 1J? I think I found him one night on Lindberg Blvd between Lindberg and Gravois and Lindberg and Watson Rd. Assuming it was him, it was a very impressive car…

I know I suggested Jefferson City and Rolla as meeting places, but that was purely to pick locations that would be centered within the state. Nevertheless, my personal choice would be to have the meet here in St Louis, as there are a lot of Supras of all generations here in StL. As you mentioned, there’s the very real possibility of holding the event at GIR; we could have a shootout/track day, possibly against non-Toyota vehicles, at GIR. I say we have the aforementioned shootout at GIR, we invite all generations of Supra, as well as all other Toyota models (e.g. Celicas, MR2s, Toyota trucks, Scions, etc.). I’d also say we have a formal car show, complete with trophies, and donate the remainder of the profits to a charity.

I’d like to help make this happen, so PM me for my number, or let me know the best time to call you…

Joe

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Im in iowa i'd be very interested in coming down to a meet if you guys ever plan one :) I'd also be interested in doing a midwest event aside from chicago meet. Maybe just get some guys from MI, IL WS and MO and meet in the middle.

pnutcar

1jz Asshole :)
Jan 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Ive never been a fan of excluding other cars. We usually make ours 'toyota/toy powered' meets. I don't care who shows up as long as they're respectful and not ricey. A car show would be fun maybe, but I think they're retarded. Mine is built to be taken out and beat on, not show n shine. We'll get something going...

pgiller

Boost addict
Sep 16, 2008
Licking MO
Ive never been a fan of excluding other cars. We usually make ours 'toyota/toy powered' meets. I don't care who shows up as long as they're respectful and not ricey. A car show would be fun maybe, but I think they're retarded. Mine is built to be taken out and beat on, not show n shine. We'll get something going...

HA HA HA HA^ Mine aint a show car either. But I do like walking around and looking at other peoples rides. Have we gotten a idea on where this is going to happen? I vote Rolla, It is a center point and a even amount of drive for most.

EOS

Feb 27, 2008
St Louis, MO
As I said, I vote for Rolla as far as a place outside of St Louis...That'd be fair to everyone in attendance, distance-wise, but I’d also vote for St Louis, as there’s a large number of Supras in town here. That’d be fair to those in StL, it’d give other people a nice road trip, it’d give us a lot of places to meet (aside from the obvious GIR), and there’d be plenty of stuff to do in StL. It’s entirely up to you guys/gals, though…

Personally, I’d say we figure out who’d be helping out with this, and have those people vote on where to hold the meet. As I said, this is entirely up to all of you…and, as always, my PM box is always open…

Joe

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
pnutcar;1158879 said:

It is a love for cars, specifically the Supra. That is the common bond. And a good one.

Anyway,

I am originally from Ohio. I spent most of my adult life in Denver. I recently moved to the St. Louis area where my wife is from. I will be at Gateway on the 15th, weather permitting.

Warpath

Help me Jeebus!!
Oct 28, 2008
St.Louis
I live in Pevely, MO which is 20min from downtown St.Louis, I am down with any meet anywhere really. I don't mind a drive. I just hope i get my supra done before spring.:icon_bigg

-Jim

89TBen

Sep 11, 2006
Mizzou
hey guys im Ben. I live in Warrensburg. About an hour east/souteast from KC. I'd love to meet up somewhere. obviously i vote for somewhere closer to me. lol. but anywhere is fine. as long as work and weather permit I'm down for a drive. also if theres anyone out there whos close to warrensburg pm me. i'd like to hang out with some other supra owners but have had a hard time meeting very many in my area.

SupraRacer

Banned
Apr 10, 2005
St. Louis
EOS;1158854 said:
SupraRacer01 has a 1J? I think I found him one night on Lindberg Blvd between Lindberg and Gravois and Lindberg and Watson Rd. Assuming it was him, it was a very impressive car…

Joe

Yes i have a 1j, license plate "1J 4PLY" kinda hard to miss me. My car was in soco last a year from last summer, car ran for all of 3 days this year before blowing a turbo at the Springfield meet earlier this spring. Ive setup annual supra meets in st louis for 3 years ina row, this year however someone down in springfield setup one, as its a royal pita to plan one of these things.

Now there is another white 1j that lives down in soco, he has chrome mkiv rims on his, and last i heard he was mostly stock. Anyway my site is

www.supraracerturbo.4t.com

and if you search "supraracer" on youtube you can find most of my vids.

pgiller

Boost addict
Sep 16, 2008
Licking MO
So have we decided where we r going to set up this meet? And when? Is there a way to set up some kind of vote to see where the majority of us want to do it. I vote either ROLLA or SPRINGFIELD.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Can we do something alittle closer to the middle of april or may? I'm still tryin to get parts gathered for my swap. I'll drag at least 2 more Mk2 supras down with me one 2jzge swaped and the other 7mgte swaped.

pgiller

Boost addict
Sep 16, 2008
Licking MO
Im thinking thats when is was going to be. But we need to get a decision on where its going to be. VOTE: Either Rolla or St.Louis Or Springfield

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
I vote stl.
btw, pg, is your car for sale by chance? i saw a craigslist ad for a car that looked alot like yours and if i recall it was in licking

pgiller

Boost addict
Sep 16, 2008
Licking MO
I had it on there awhile back, but decided to keep it. I was going to sell it to get one that had a 1jz or 2jz, but I am going to just keep the one I got and do a build and swap myself.