Any Input on this ? Positively Engaged Infinitely Variable Transmission... Universal

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Wether or not this one is good or bunk, I've always love the concept of this. My car has so much more torque at 5000 rpm than anywhere else. If I could accelerate the car while keeping the engine at that TQ peak, the difference in acceleration would be astounding. (Isn't this kind of what top fuel dragsters do?)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I'll be surprised if it's real. Very surprised.

Mostly because their website is a virtually perfect mirror of the usual scam setup. Essentially, they follow the same basic steps:

1. Create fictional product. Must be plausible to most.
2. Create or buy some reputation for your product. Not real scientific proof, of course, but close enough to fool the untrained person. FLAG 1 - why isn't there any news of independent verification from the scientific community?
3. Create company to market licenses for product. FLAG 2 - why wouldn't the original inventor set up a manufacturing facility, make BILLIONS, and put everyone else in the industry out of business? Why is he satisfied with a few hundred thousand $$$ in licensing fees?
4. Sell licenses and collect investment $$$ as long as you can, while dragging out the process of actually creating a production version.
5. Essentially, all you need at this point is an exit strategy. Fold the company after paying yourself a multi-million dollar a year salary. Just empty the bank accounts and vanish to Barbados. Whatever it is, a bunch of investors and a pile of licensees are left with at best a worthless prototype and at worst not even that.

Think about this logically, folks.

If you invented the next whatchit - something that revolutionized an entire industry - something that could be put together from common parts - what would *you* do? Keep in mind that the guys who make these discoveries are pretty much, without exception, geniuses. None of 'em are going to do something stupid.

I'll tell you what I would do. I'd go to the bank and get a bloody big mortgage on my house. I'd get a patent lawyer, and I'd get it protected internationally. Then I'd buy a shitload of the parts, and put together 100 or so of these whatchits. I'd hire a sales guy or 6, and show this off. In a year, I'd be building thousands of them every week. In two years, I'd be making thousands of them every DAY. I would own a corporation with thousands of employees, registered on the NYSE, and the stock would be splitting every few months. THEN I'd sell it to DuPont, or GE, or China, and go back to tinkering in my lab.

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
Poodles;1345711 said:
CVT's are used on some new cars...

I somehow remember them sucking for high power applications...

cvt suckseroo
i work on audis. the a4 cabriolets and some other shits have that that trans.
ugh, feels like shit driving it.

..but thats just me