Any hockey players here?

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
I was curious if there was anybody on here who plays/has played hockey.

I started playing [ice hockey] when I was 9 and my last season was in a men's league during my senior year of high school (I lived in MI during those years). That makes 10 seasons for me. I was a defenseman throughout my years and I absolutely loved it.

In my last year of high school hockey, we won our league championship and in the men's league, which started shortly after that, we also won the league championship.

I've still got my equipment and am dying to play again. I'd like to get into another men's league once I move back to CA next fall. I really hope that they allow checking. I think it really takes away from the game when you're not able to be as physical as you'd like/need to be.

The ice is where it's at for hockey if you ask me. When I was younger I'd play a little bit on the street, but it's nothing like the ice. Ice hockey is much more precise and that's where it's meant to be played.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
i play all the time..... i played junior B up in CT for two years....couldnt play,work, and go to school and make it on my own so i had to quit :( i still play in the mens leagues here....

youd be hard pressed to find checking in a mens league...people have to work the next day ;)

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Hockey rocks, its football on ice.
but rugbe tops the two.
hockeys got to be hard on the ankels.(sp?) its late.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
I played Hockey until 7th grade, at which point my family started moving around so much that I had to quit. I still miss it to this day; I love the feeling of being on the ice.

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
D34DC311 said:
...AND you're dyslexic.

I couldn't help myself-not to make fun of dyslexic people. Just stating a fact.

Joe-You're so mean. :icon_evil <-Joe

I'm sorry you guys had to stop playing hockey. If you're into it as much as I am, I'm sure it bugs you to not be able to play.

What position(s) did you guys play?

LuvMySilverSupra

Bay Area Supras
Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Turbo-Joe said:
hockey sucks. that is all:tdo3:

LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!

no one cares what you think, stop quoting yourself and go post somewhere else.

before high school, in a local lgym they had a sort of little league. my second year i set the record for goals in a season...72 goals in 14 games. pretty sure it still stands.

then i played indoor roller and ice in high school.

i enjoyed the roller more to be honest since it was 4v4 and it made the game more open.

i was starting center and Assistant captain/team captain for a few of the years i was there. we won our division championship 3 times.

i loved it man, i tried to get into an adult league 2 years after high school ended (about 5 months ago) and i couldn't do it. im so out of shape my body cant handle it anymore.

definatly miss it....miss my youth too. wake up, go to a game. when i get there, just get the gear on and go, no stretching, no worrying about what i ate or anything. after, shower up, go home and get on with the day
now when i played after a few years, stretched for 20 mins, after the game my gf had to drive me home because i couldnt handle it. felt like shit for the next 3 days. tried again the following few weeks, but never got better so i quit.

at least hockey is back on tv and the no more tie thing is the best thing ever to happen to the nhl!!!!

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
joes mad cause hes black...and since hes black he cant skate. ;)

plus hockey is a racist sport...where else can you find a bunch of white guys with sticks hitting around a black thing? :D

i still play all the time in leagues here...and pickups.... i can play just about any position...when i played high school i was a foward when we needed it and a defenseman when we needed it...in juniors was a center most of the time and winger sometimes....

now i play defense mostly..because i get yelled at by the old guys if i skate through all of them and score 10 times a game lol...so i play Defense and let the rest of my team deal with scoring....at least for the most part ;)

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
i don't even know how to ice skate :( well, i never attempted, but i know how to roller blade. almost the same thing right? besides stopping...

i used to play street hockey! does that count?

i would love to learn how to ice skate and then play some hockey.

PRpimp3o3

da puerto rican supra man
Apr 2, 2005
CO
played hockey till high school because school didnt have team so playing football now but really fun. hockey and football are the 2 best sports out there. i played center i play a few games here and there when i head to the rink with a few friends.

P.S baby blue supras are :greddy: but I dont say anything about it.

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
LuvMySilverSupra-It sounds to me like you need to get your ass in shape. ;)

CtSupra-Of course street hockey counts. I think that you would really enjoy ice skating, though, if you had the time to put into it. It's not nearly as easy to pick up as rollerblading. It's true that they have their similarities, but I think that you will realize how different they really are if you take it to the ice. I like ice skating so much vs. rollerblading that I don't even care to own a set of rollerblades.

I've only been skating 5-ish times in the last 4.5 years. Most of those times on the softest, shittiest ice I've ever come across in HI and I'm lucky to say that I can still move pretty well. It's funny to see some of the punks that think they can skate and know something about hockey attempt to show me up-at open-skate. Even with an over-crowded rink I can easily send them back to their little group of punk asses with their tail between their legs. Most of them belong on figure skates with the shit they're trying out there, anyway. I'm even still good enough to impress my wife-who has played a little bit of hockey in her day.

I need the physical release that hockey can give me back in my life.

Like Chas in "Wedding Crashers"-"You don't even realize!"

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
LuvMySilverSupra said:
then i played indoor roller and ice in high school.

i enjoyed the roller more to be honest since it was 4v4 and it made the game more open.

I used to play hockey all the time, I was at the rink more than I was home. I also played roller hockey, it is way more open. Both are fun to play, but I think I got burned out being around and playing hockey so much. It would be fun to get back into though, but I don't feel like buying all new gear seeing as it's been about 5 years since I played last.

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
SP 7M - Yeah, one of these days I'm going to get off of my ass and go learn how to ice skate. LOL! I remember my father promised to take me way back about fifteen years ago when I was seven. Well, that fucker lied because I still don't know how to ice skate yet. I was a deprived child... :(

LuvMySilverSupra

Bay Area Supras
Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area, CA
SP 7M said:
LuvMySilverSupra-It sounds to me like you need to get your ass in shape. ;)

i am so out of shape now, it's not even funny.

that sounded like me ideal. could play any position, so i was center most of the time (won over 90% of the faceoffs) but in the junior league where i scored 72 goals that year, by the first half they stuck me back at defense so other people could get a chance to score. they had me trying to bounce pucks off people and score so that they get credit for the goal.

guess those were the glory days huh?
:icon_bigg

??supra

Mar 31, 2005
Kodiak, Alaska
D34DC311 said:
Hockey rocks, its football on ice.
but rugbe tops the two.

AMEN THERE RUGBY IS THE BEST FUCKIN SPORT EVER, SCREW PUSSY ASS AMERICAN FOOTBAL HAHAH