Another Rims thread (with criteria!)

Fozbo

7M Love
Apr 4, 2005
Norman, Oklahoma
Hey guys. I have the engine built up, turbo that I want, and everything mechanically where is should be (aside from some very minor things). Now I am looking into getting some rims along with a nice paint job, possibly a front lip, and maybe a slight drop. I really don't know much about rims, hence the almost annoyingly repeated thread (sorry!). I have searched around, but haven't found much of what I was looking for specifically.

Currently: White 89 supra with stock turbo MKIV rims.

Criteria for the rims:
~$3000 or less with or without tires
18" x ~10" wide for the rear (basically whatever I can fit, but I can figure this out later)
5 spoke with some sort of lip
preferably brushed/polished finish
Kinda leaning towards a multi-piece rim

Types of rims I am looking for:
I actually really like the HRE 5 spokes (595R, 597R, COMP95, and COMP97). They are around $7000 for a set without tires. I can afford them, but I really can't justify buying rims for the price I could get 5-7 turbos, or 2 fully built engines for.

Just some pictures to get the thought process rolling:

HRE's

p1382027_1.jpg

p1382027_2.jpg

p1382027_3.jpg

COMP97.jpg

COMP95.jpg

Work equips on my actual car (not my rims though)
vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

newsig.jpg

Just some ideas and examples of what I kinda like. I am not looking for answers to "what rims are the best?!" or "what rims should I get??", I am looking for rims that are similar to what I am looking at within my criteria. Hopefully by being much more forthcoming with info on the matter, I'll get more responses.

Thanks for helping me out!

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
I have a new set of 17x8 & 17x9 SSR Super RS-Eight wheels,
with new Sumitomo HTRZ-II tires, that are mounted, and ballanced,
just sitting in my spare room that I am not going to use.
I paid $2100 for the rims, and about $500 for the tires.
I will ship them to OK for $2200........
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Fozbo

7M Love
Apr 4, 2005
Norman, Oklahoma
Those CCW rims look nice, I'll have to look into them.

Gofastgeorge: those are some nice wheels, just not exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the offer though.

Thanks for the replies guys, keep em coming.

Fozbo

7M Love
Apr 4, 2005
Norman, Oklahoma
I was looking into those CCW rims and starting looking more at the SP500 instead of the one posted above. They're starting to grow on me a lot, though I still want to do some more searching before I drop some cash.

photo_full_1.jpg

new_wheels1.jpg

nuggets

Apr 14, 2009
Boston
Well, here is a shot of mine (pardon the dirty rims). I have 18 x 8.5 in the front, 18 x 9.5 in the rear. Kazera KZ-A SML's. I know Kazera is a mediocre Tire Rack brand, but I liked them and they fit my price point - rims and tires for $1,404, shipped (well, back in '04). They make them in chrome also. My tires are Kumho ECSTA Supra 712's.

rimsr.jpg