Another one of those "what's it worth" threads

Thefox

Mar 19, 2013
Syracuse, NY
This morning I met a fellow Supra owner after chasing him down in a parking lot. I have seen this car around from time to time and finally got to chat with the owner. He bought the car a few years ago in Florida and spends his winters there (did I mention he is 87). But he recently bought another car and was thinking of selling the Supra. We exchanged numbers. Now I'm wondering if I should make him an offer. My supra is in pieces and taking me forever to put together.

What's a fair offer? He said he would like it to go to a good home and a fellow Supra owner would be great.

The quick look-over:
1988 N/A auto trans. Hardtop With a little under 70k.
Nice shape, no noticeable rust, clean interior. A/C stopped working last summer. Sock except for rims, K&N open filter and no spoiler. There is a dent in the hood and a very faded rear bumper. It wouldn't take much to make it real nice.

So what do I offer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I'm going to assume you're interested because it's a nice low mileage NA. From your description of the ride, i'd offer 2k like what Markiii4me suggested.

Thefox

Mar 19, 2013
Syracuse, NY
I'm interested just because it's in nice shape. I'm thinking I might offer him some cash and see if he will bit. I was thinking around the $2k mark as well, it's nice but not a desirable combo of options (or lack of).

I would detail the car and drive it till my project Supra is drivable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhs

Sep 21, 2014
Dallas
I paid $2k for much worse because I didn't know the rocker panels were rusted...my fault. I'd consider $2k a good deal for a hard top in good shape just based on what I see for sale around here. Can't hardly find one in decent shape under $3500.