another mk3 on craigslist.

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
i forgot to mention, i asked him why he doesnt have the head on. he says and i quote "the head cams mount is warped" then i just just said, just get it resurfaced. he relplies back "dont care about it anymore"
im just wandering, he says he has over 10k of work done and he doesnt want to spend 25$ to get it resurfaced. i just think theres something wrong with that.
and 3k, for a non running vehicle is to much imo. i paid 2750 for a running 89 turbo mk3 with 124k original miles with over 10k$ in reciepts from toyota dealership!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Err... did anyone notice he would take a Fiero GT as a trade? Odd...

steve_mk3

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
middletown, NJ
3K is way to much for a shell with a bunch of unknown condition parts
I think 2k is to much - you would be buying someones else's "fucked up shit" and have to fix it.

"there is no head on it because it was warped and rattled real bad." - This on a rebuilt engine? it rattled? talk about not torquing down the bolts/studs

jake8790

Life's too short for N/A
Dec 18, 2011
Oregon
It sounds the head was warped and resurfaced, which doesn't fix the warped cam tunnels. Also, cars in the northwest are always more expensive. Around here, a decent, running stock turbo goes for 4K+, and I've seen people asking 3K for BHG cars with mods.