Another code 52 nightmare

Mike Morris

May 4, 2008
MD/DC
UGHHH....

Here is what I have done

New knock sensors
Shaef kit with the ground on the upper right hand side of the dash under a 12 MM bolt. Also tried using one of the screws that the ECU mounts too to mount the ground
Swapped with 3 different ecus
Harness is good going into the plug that goes into the ecu.
Harness mod going into ecu is tight-nothing loose.
Reset after every change by pulling the efi fuse for about 15 minutes
Even converted back to stock wires since my harness was replaced a few years ago and is in outstanding shape.
Wires on the aftermarket kit is not rubbed out,or touching,rubbing against anything.
Ill drive the car maybe a mile and bingo-CE light. Code 52.

Any ideas? Very frustrated.

Mike Morris

May 4, 2008
MD/DC
I am using a yellow plug ecu for a 5 speed car. I have three of them-tried all of them and same problem. Even tried a JDM one I had.
Swapped to 2 new sensors
Part# on old sensors are 76-743, 0302. They look great(old ones). Connector is fine,no rust and inward side is spotless

I will check the grounds in the engine bay as well

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
supraguy@aol;1796093 said:
Check for continuity between: Shield wire and core on each knock sensor wire. There shouldn't be any.

Innovative. It may even be better than swapping stuff out willy-nilly until it's fixed.

Mike Morris;1796100 said:
Ok. And if there is what would be the culprit?

The cable would be shorted, either at its terminus or somewhere along its length...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
jetjock;1796108 said:
The cable would be shorted, either at its terminus or somewhere along its length...

Knowing this, and your claim you have swapped to known good ECU (inferred, I know) and the sensors were changed, it kind of narrows down where the problem is.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
When I did my rewire, I actually picked up a set of 90's Forerunner KS's along with their entire wire harness for like 20 bucks.
I think they're they exact same model KS as found on the 91-92 Supras, and thus have they later model(nice) plug style.
That was around 2004. Never had a code 52 since.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Mike,

Did you buy the rewire harness from me, or secondhand? (I don't see feedback from me, and I don't usually forget to leave feedback.)

Regardless, if it turns out that somehow it has failed due to my craftsmanship, I'll repair or replace it for you free of charge. Just shoot me a PM. I stand behind my work 100%.

Sent you a PM with more info/contact info.