Angry SR20DET Girl

azrael

Some assembly required
Oct 2, 2006
Coquitlam, BC
I figured this one would be worth sharing -- not driving a MkIII, but still a Supra.

In the MkI (153hp, 168ft-lbs at the wheels) I'm pulling up to a light. Switch into the right lane just to get out from behind this rather generic looking, champagne colored coupe. As I pull up to it, I realize that it's a S14 240sx coupe, and it's got a friggin' 'uge exhaust on it, and chrome rims. I'm thinking to myself, "Oh god, some white boy who wishes he could drift. Great." In my typical curious fashion, I look over to see who's driving it, whether they have any sweet interior neon, racing seat covers -- you know how it goes. Much to my horror, I realize that there's a reasonably attractive younger girl with red hair driving it. "Hey, her boyfriend let her borrow his car." I smirk.

Now, this road merges down to one lane a few blocks down from the light I'm pulling off of, and I've been hit by so many female drivers that I have no desire to be anywhere near them. I'm going to fly by her such that it won't even be close when I go to pull back into the left lane, just to keep things nice and smooth. The light turns green, and suddenly I hear squealing tires. Wait a minute, I didn't launch hard...

Oh shit.

Pedal goes to the floor, I don't even know what happened to first and second gears. Few car lengths on her in third, could hear this awful exhaust from behind me that sounded like angry bees. Whatever, floor it, dump it into fourth, continue on. Change lanes to avoid parked cars, drop down to 2500rpm, call it a day, right? Speed limit's 50km/h, I'm doing 90, no big deal, she shouldn't be anywhere near me. My rear view mirror suggests otherwise.

This girl is tailgating me, I'm watching in my mirror as she screams at me and flips me off and generally blows a gasket. This continues up until the next set of lights, where I make a left turn and she's behind me. By this point, she knows I'm watching her, and she's been at it for so long that it's just getting funny. I make eye-contact with her in the mirror and I kind of nod. She swears loudly, flips me of, and slams her hand against the steering wheel. Road rage much?

Okay, so I just worked a KA24DE S14. Big deal, she doesn't know what I've got under the hood, to her I'm just an old, shitty station wagon or something. Let her be pissed about it. Apparently, it wasn't her boyfriend's car, but with an attitude like that, I'd be surprised if she could even keep a boyfriend! Sheesh, calm down lady. Your car's not that great, it's not worth getting that upset over. I make my left turn, and as she swings into the lane next to me and floors it, I suddenly understand why she's so angry.

Vrrrrrrrm-tsssss!-vrrrrrrrrm.

Man she must've spent a lot of money on that.

azrael

Some assembly required
Oct 2, 2006
Coquitlam, BC
trydrew said:
Awesome kill.

MKI FTW
Road rage FTL

What are you running in that thing?

Shitty times because I can't launch to save my life, to be honest with you. Fastest was a 16.9, should be more like mid-15s.

azrael

Some assembly required
Oct 2, 2006
Coquitlam, BC
I was looking for a pen and some paper so I could write "What's your phone number?" on it and flash it in the mirror. Again, she was actually pretty hot. I have a thing for the redheads, and I'm alllll about the angry-sex. Oh yeaaaaah.

"TAKE IT, BITCH, MY CAR'S FASTER THAN YOURS!"

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
oh I love it.. made me laugh even. nice kill man, better watch out the angry bees is coming for you.

azrael

Some assembly required
Oct 2, 2006
Coquitlam, BC
Tanya said:
You should be running high 14s buddy... you need to practice.

Good kill though :)

Not much practice to be had right now, the car got sideswiped, and I suspect had shit dislodged into the fuel filter, and now has bum compression on one cylinder, and leaks on two others.

This car would be lucky to make a 1/4 mile without melting, let alone do it in under 20 seconds.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
drjonez said:
fantastic race....sounds like homegirl can't drive....but still, an angry girl driving a semi-cool car? sounds hot to me... ;)

glad im not the only one who was thinking that.

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
you gotta watch out for those redheads...they have a short temper...and i do mean all of them. Ive never met a calm cool and collected redhead. Its just impossible i guess. Those s14s are effing heavy too.