AN oil bypass system / catch can

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
I think that oil bypass is the wrong, so i will say PCV system "i know this is incorrect name also" lol but you'll get what i'm saying. So from now on i'm going to call it the OIL VAPORIZATION SYSTEM!

So i'm making this setup to my catch can.
sDfcG.jpg

They are -6 AN ss Teflon lines, and i'm working on the vacuum side of it, but I was curious what people recommend for where to connect things. The original setup was Ported vacuum and I think intake pipe "accordion hose" I can set this up for the same vacuum path, but my question is does it have to be ported vacuum?

The reason I ask is because it would look much nicer if i could just do full vacuum "clean engine wise"

For all of you new people who don't know me there is a link to my build below first page contains parts list :)

Thanks again boys/men/girls/women

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
northwestsupra;1747792 said:

Too bad it's there to collect blow-by gasses more than anything (water, fuel vapor and air).

Why'd you post this in the GE section? This is for a GTE right? The only place you're going to see a full time vacuum aside from pre-turbo piping is the exhaust. It's been done and you may be able to find more info on it if you dig a fair amount.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
CRE;1747796 said:
Too bad it's there to collect blow-by gasses more than anything (water, fuel vapor and air).

Why'd you post this in the GE section? This is for a GTE right? The only place you're going to see a full time vacuum aside from pre-turbo piping is the exhaust. It's been done and you may be able to find more info on it if you dig a fair amount.

what are you talking about? i'm in the GTE section man :p

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
-6 lines?
I wouild think that they might be narrow enough to eventually clog up.
But I guess it's not so hard to remove them and de-gunk them once evey couple years.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
hvyman;1747839 said:
That's because i moved it.
Thank you kind sir :) honest mistake

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

supraguy@aol;1747895 said:
-6 lines?
I wouild think that they might be narrow enough to eventually clog up.
But I guess it's not so hard to remove them and de-gunk them once evey couple years.
yes removal is very very simple, The I.D. of a -6 is almost the same as the stock hoses, the walls of the SS lines are also thinner than a rubber hose and they are teflon! lol nothing sticks to that, its like a non-stick pan... nothin sticks to it haha.

so ported vacuum and intake is the answer?