AN Fitting for Turbo Union Pipe

mnmlst

Apr 22, 2014
edmonton AB
I have stripped threads in the block of my 89+ GTE where the Banjo bolt/Union pipe for the turbo are supposed to attach. I'm on a bit of a time schedule because I am moving, so I am hoping to figure something out soon.

I've heard you can change the fitting on this oil pipe, to something called an "AN Fitting"

I don't know anything else about this other than what it is called

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
There army navy fittings.

When you see stainless hose with the red and blue things those red and blue things are the an fittings.

Driftmotion.com sells the kit to covert to them with the stock turbo.

mnmlst

Apr 22, 2014
edmonton AB
ohhh, cool cool!

to do this upgrade properly do i have to upgrade all the pipes, or can I get away with just replacing the single pipe/fitting?

Also do you know the thread size for that banjo bolt is it a 12mmx1.25?

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
That one is for na-t. If your car has a turbo engine you need the 7mgte one.

I do not. Its prolly in the manual tho.

mnmlst

Apr 22, 2014
edmonton AB
sorry, this just boggles my mind trying to cram all this new stuff in my head!
im going on vacation next week so I'll take some time to unwind and come up with a kick-ass plan of attack

but is there some kind of walkthrough for this upgrade?! it seems fairly simple but I'd love to be 100% sure in what I'm doing.

Thanks for the info so far I've just got a few more speedbumps to get over till I can drop that beast in=)

mnmlst

Apr 22, 2014
edmonton AB
well my banjo bolt threads in perfectly fine until it bottoms out,
in my other thread someone suggested an AN fitting and I thought that meant the fitment would be useable.

I do need to at least run a tap through it though

kakanator

Apr 25, 2010
Fresno, California, United States
You could pick up a ct25 soft line kid form drift motion that come with a -4 an fitting that replaces the factory oil hard line. I have one on my car and it is well worth the money to have a soft like kit very easy to take the turbo off if needed.

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
U still have to thread the AN fitting in the block just like u would the banjo bolt. I'm not sure how that idea was seen as an alternative unless I'm just not seeing it..???

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Can try and find one with longer threads.

If all it's doing is spinning sounds like block is cracked tho.

mnmlst

Apr 22, 2014
edmonton AB
OK back from vacation; Back to work. *beats head against wall*

It threads nicely on and off, it just doesn't tighten it'll keep spinnin clockwise

I looked closely again today and I still see no signs of cracking.. Oh gosh I don't even know what to do next

super51fan;2017551 said:
Going to a AN fitting. What about the damaged threads in the block? Am I missing something?

sorry I wasn't more clear.
the threads dont look or feel damaged at all, yet I can not tighten
idk

mnmlst

Apr 22, 2014
edmonton AB
unfortunately not yet :(
I want to order one of those helicoils kit, but sadly I'm forced to move my supra in the next week.
will have to figure something out after it has been transported.