AN Banjo fitting using Fuel Pulsation Dampener

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anybody has found a Banjo-style fitting that allows you to convert your fuel line to AN style braided line but retain the stock pulsation dampener.

I've found the M14x1.5 thread info for the feed side. In fact, I have a diagram that was posted in SM outlining the process....but it involves the removal of the PD. I haven't been able to locate a banjo fitting that has the 14mm (9/16) hole on one side and the larger hole on the other required for the PD to fit properly.

Reasons for me doing so:

- mk2s have their fuel filter located on the engine block (not by the diff like a mk3). For ease of access and maintenance I have relocated mine to the inner fender, near the brake booster. I have cut the stock banjo fitting-equipped lines, flared the ends and fitted some rubber fuel injection line. I've secured it using two fuel pressure clamps at each end of the hose.

It's safe, but this layout requires and awkward S-bend shape that looks unattractive and, well....sloppy. An AN-style line would correct this weird angle I am forced to follow and create a more streamlines, more attractive fuel line assembly.

I have no need to remove my fuel pulsation dampener as I do not have a high volume fuel pump, nor the engine that requires one.

Thanks for any advice,
Steve

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
update:

I may be on to something. Looks like the honda guys got ahold of russel to make an adapter for their cars. It could be the ticket. I've sent an e-mail to russel asking for detailed specs.

This is a kit that B and R fittings put together for them. looks familiar!

p1232361_1.jpg

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
i THINK summit has a size that is close...its been a while since i made my lines. i was going to try to keep it like you but i decided it wasnt even worth it.

rabidchimp

Professional Slacker
Nov 5, 2007
Lakewood, WA
www.rabidchimp.com
lagged;1232370 said:
i THINK summit has a size that is close...its been a while since i made my lines. i was going to try to keep it like you but i decided it wasnt even worth it.

Steve..you can take the stock hard line off, cut it about 1" from the dampener, and have a hydraulics shop form a bead on the end. the hard line is 5/16" OD.
-Aaron