Alpine CDA-7997/7998

SkyHawk Ecks

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Stockton, CA
I have a CDA-7997 that I use for my Dakota but while the truck was in the body shop I put the 7997 into the Supra. It's a flip out Fantom Face deck that is probably one of the best decks I've owned. The problem is, when I put it into the Supra, it wasn't able to flip out and set all the way because of the trim right below the climate control.

Now I'm thinking of getting a 7998 for my new Supra and I was wondering if there was any way to remedy this, like switching the little cubby hole that audio kits come with on top and the deck on bottom to allow enough room.

Anyone have experience with these decks? Pictures of the deck I want to buy can be viewed here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=150072766078&rd=1&rd=1

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I put my deck in the bottom DIN location, and put the pocket up top in my Mk2. The deck was too deep to fit in the top. Both locations are the identical size, and you should be using the 2 factory stereo mounting brackets with no kit, sleeve, or deck trim ring at all.

SkyHawk Ecks

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Stockton, CA
No way I LOVE the 7997. Definitely one of the best decks Alpine has ever made and it's far better than the decks they've put out in '06 and '05.

I'm in the market for a 7998 though.