All Of A Sudden...

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
Well all of a sudden my 1j'd r154 jumps out of first gear. Worked fine yesterday but today just started jumping out of 1st gear. The kicker is that that sometimes it will stay in 1st gear, but when it jumps out it doesn't feel like it is going all the way into gear.

I have the HPF's short throw shifter that has its own fulcrum and just bolts onto the shifter housing only using the nylon "cup" that fits onto the end of the shifter. I have had the shifter for over a year and really haven't had any problems with it.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem or may be able to offer a viable solution or something to check out.

Thanks

Wayne

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
can you say THRUST WASHER!

its common... you could search for it if you'd like.
Driftmotion sells an OEM one to replace the stocker thats worn out..

and a little off topic... but how do you like the tokico illuminas? i was thinkin about gettin them... PM if you dont wanna discuss it here. Thanks.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Rennat;1009713 said:
can you say THRUST WASHER!

its common... you could search for it if you'd like.
Driftmotion sells an OEM one to replace the stocker thats worn out..

and a little off topic... but how do you like the tokico illuminas? i was thinkin about gettin them... PM if you dont wanna discuss it here. Thanks.
Yup, +1. $5 part, 15 hours of labor to replace it. :(

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
Well guys, I appreciate the feedback.

Is this just an item that wears out or was it an oil starvation problem?

Is there something I can do to insure this doesn't happen again once I get it repaired? I am currently running castrol's "synthetic" gear oil.

Thanks,

Wayne