ALL MN Supra

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
funky_monkey58;1674523 said:
^
Nice! I have my ZX9R engine all torn down after tonight, it had broke the heads off of 2 valves on the same cylinder, thankfully it is slight enough damage that the head can be salvaged.
Also took the derper bike out for a short rip this after noon, yup thing wheelies up when you look at it funny :D

what the hell is it with kawasaki and their weak valves. that is what happened to my klr at 10000 miles. hence the stage 3 head and the 785cc stroker that replaced the original engine. talk about a wheelie machine.... no funny look needed. it does it anytime you do or dont want to

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
fixitman04;1675039 said:
what the hell is it with kawasaki and their weak valves. that is what happened to my klr at 10000 miles. hence the stage 3 head and the 785cc stroker that replaced the original engine. talk about a wheelie machine.... no funny look needed. it does it anytime you do or dont want to
No clue I am thinking ferea valve train.
p1675104_1.jpg

p1675104_2.jpg

goodhart

Jul 8, 2010
Cambridge , MN
mitsustyle.com
Dan, any idea when you would want to do this get together? Would be sweet to do it at your place if your neighbor's wouldn't mind the handful of noisy cars :)

I know of a few Evo guys that would like to come to some sort of a get together also.

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Mike, Sean and I talked about it. We were thinking that since most if not all the Supra guys cars are in storage or not running yet, that perhaps meeting in a bar somewhere might be a good idea. Besides bathroom isn't ready to go in my shop yet. I have no problem with a meet at the shop, just thought the turnout might be higher if we made it closer to MSP. I'm open to most any weekend except I work my part time job on March 27th, and will be in Mexico the weekend of March 19th and 20th. How about March 12th? It's a Saturday, or the 13th? Let's hear some feed back.

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Not sure what his status is on his car. I have read a lot of his posts and he is quite knowledgeable, especially with electronics, but seems like he doesn't quite get it. That was a real nasty call out thread when he and Sean got into it last year. The sad thing for Figgie is Sean would have helped him to get his car running. It all started off as a joke as far as Sean was concerned. Figgie didn't take it that way though. Never met him, but I would like to make my own assessment someday.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Agreed, Dan- some people can seem to be one way on the internet but when you meet them in person they're completely different that what you thought they were going to be...we don't know anyone like that, now do we? :p

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
goodhart;1678720 said:
^^haha, like I've always said, Sean is an abrasive prick online, in person he is just a regular prick ;)

agreed. sometimes anyways. I met Sean at Chi2k10, he didn't seem THAT bad hahaha

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
I try to be nice most of the time....... If you took a poll from the local ricers what they think of me, it would be pretty funny for whoever takes the poll ( I troll those fuckers to no end in person).

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I am game for a meet next weekend- I work this weekend as well as the last week of March! GOGOGO!!!!

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Steve, where do you think? Rogers or something like that? There has to be a bar with some room for a few Supra guys! If anyone is interested, this is a good time to speak up. Sean, Rob, Drew? Who can come and when?

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Well, its a bit further that Rogers, but in my hometown of Nowthen there is a local bar that's pretty freakin big that allows saved tables afaik. About 1/2 hour away from the cities, and about an hour away from Cloud (if it matters)