airbag connectors

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
Does anyone know how many plugs are on the '90+ wheels for the horn and airbag? I bought a 3-spoke leather wrapped steering wheel from the 7th gen Celicas and now I just need to source a new airbag. Some of the new ones use a single plug and some use two. For the with two, is there a way to splice to two together to fit the single plug?

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
Got Boost?;1125252 said:
Does anyone know how many plugs are on the '90+ wheels for the horn and airbag? I bought a 3-spoke leather wrapped steering wheel from the 7th gen Celicas and now I just need to source a new airbag. Some of the new ones use a single plug and some use two. For the with two, is there a way to splice to two together to fit the single plug?

Airbag uses one dedicated plug, horn and cruise control share another. Had the joy of tearing apart the steering column on my 90 last fall because parts were missing and the horn/cc weren't working.

Might want to check and make sure your airbag system is actually complete. My 90 was in a wreck, and the previous owner opted to not replace the sensors up front. Cost to replace sensors and test entire system was going to exceed $1k (dealer). I opted to leave my airbag unplugged in the steering column.

Unfortunately, after nearly 20 years, I'd say most MKIII's have been in some sort of wreck, usually involving rain..