air bag light is on.....where to start

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
yeah, i took it all apart to do my gauges.....but i have since double checked it and it looked ok.....but there is always the possibility that I FUBARed something.

CoopMK3

Who's the chick in my bed
Jan 12, 2009
Whiteland, Indiana
What year is it? Because i did this to a early nintys jeep and i didn't disconnect the air bag while i was messing with stuff and it said that the airbag had deployed even though it hadn't its part of some SRS code stuff.

CoopMK3

Jan 12, 2009
Whiteland, Indiana
So OBD 2 Correct? If so your commputer reads it as blown it happens if the wire moves and it reads wrong.. I believe unless you take the code and get it wiped the light will stay on.. Or you could always just pull the bulb if it bothers you that much it will save you money. But always disconnect battery and wait like 10 minutes or so then start working around air bag but also disconnect it :p believe me its nothing bad but it does make you more awawre things mess up over stupid stuff :p

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Supras of this year did not have OBD 2. They are OBD 1.

Anyways, you can do a code check from the diagnostic connector to see what is wrong.
90 percent fo the time when the Airbag light is on, it is time for its service. The Supras this old requires a service check at the first 10 years and then every two years there after ( im not sure) . You can take it to a shop with diagnostic tools and turn that light off if nothing is wrong . My friends 91 Supra had this problem andits good now after resetting the light.
Another thing that can trigger the Airbag light is if the Airbag computer was unplugged for too long causing a loss of power. This happened to me and I had it reset.

Hope this helps.

CoopMK3

Jan 12, 2009
Whiteland, Indiana
I was always taught to disconnect the battery then the air bag after it has time to lose its power so no accidental explosions happen..

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
CoopMK3;1224065 said:
Always disconnect battery and wait like 10 minutes or so then start working around air bag but also disconnect it :p

Whatever you do, DO NOT do anything to make it deploy on you. Those things hurt, that's my experience with them. Be damn sure to do as stated above.