Aftermarket Downpipe & Lowering Springs =?

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Im soon to be looking to buy a full 3inch downpipe for my Turbo Supra but I would like to know from other people with the full 3inch downpipe is what do you have, how low does it sit from the ground, and also do you have lowering springs(if so, how good is it with the downpipe not hitting the ground)?

I have right now H&R springs installed with a aftermarket 2.5 to 3inch downpipe that connects from the stock elbow and it sits very close to the ground. Im going to be removing that dp and stock elbow and get a new dp and exhaust from the test pipe back so if anyone can help me out with finding a good downpipe that would be great.

Thanks.

hammerhead

Sep 10, 2005
Belize
I have Eibach lowering kit, 1.5" drop in front, and my HKS downpipe touches a lot.. then again, i have bad roads here..

kicknsupra

May 22, 2008
PG BC
Poodles;1083204 said:
HKS DP is notorious for hanging too low...

i hear that a lot i was going to buy the hks but i have read a lot posts about it draging

i think i am going to get the BIC DDP downpipe hope it wont drag when i lower my car

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
I'm not sure which downpipe I have (one of the previous owners put it on...but it's one that completely replaces the stock elbow/downpipe...stainless, too.), but mine scrapes on speedbumps, along with half my exhaust....I've got Eibach springs on the car too...but I think my shocks/struts are shot...LOL! One of these days I'm going to fix it, hack off part of the down section of the downpipe and bring the exhaust closer to the body....there's a good 2-3" of clearance between the floorpan and the pipe.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
I would take a picture of my dp right now so everyone can see how low it is but I have my Supra on jacks because im doing some engine work.

Does anyone have any pictures of their downpipe installed off of the ground?