afpr

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
just wandering where i hook the afpr up to. if anyone has pics that would be great.
not sure where either line goes
also my afpr does not have a gauge, so how do i know how much pressure is there?

p1834705_1.jpg

Last edited:

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
What kind of AFPR do you have? The way my Aeromotive is hooked up is one line goes from the front of the rail (where the stock regulator is) to the regulator. The other line comes out the bottom and to the return line. No j-tube. You need a fuel pressure gauge if you want to see fuel pressure, I feel like I shouldn't have to explain that.
-AM3

Hotwheelsjr

May 22, 2011
Surprise AZ
Best pic I have. As AM3 mentioned, one line goes to the front of the rail where your stock PR is now and the other comes out and connects to your return line to the gas tank. Obviously, without a gauge an AFPR is useless...how else do you plan to tell how much pressure you are adjusting for?

p1834774_1.jpg

And, before I get flamed, no my AFPR vacuum is not T'ed any longer -- it has dedicated manifold vacuum now. :naughty:

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
^^^^ hey I noticed that on top of your alternater you do not have the plastic cover over the power wire.

Be warned that many Mk3s have burned to the ground this way.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Turbo Habanero;1834938 said:
^^^^ hey I noticed that on top of your alternater you do not have the plastic cover over the power wire.

Be warned that many Mk3s have burned to the ground this way.

Good Catch. Habanero is right and plus you have the braided line right next to it as well. Get a OEM or aftermarket one, they are cheap and I believe autozone should have a generic one that could work.

Hotwheelsjr

May 22, 2011
Surprise AZ
Lately, I've been wishing the sumbitch WOULD burn to the ground...it's insured by Hagerty.

Seriously, though, I haven't given it a second thought. There's nothing flopping around that would short it out and the braided fuel line "near" it is tight and has no chance of movement. I will certainly look into covering it up, though. THANKS!

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
It's not necessarily that the hose will "flop onto it" -- I know that my own aeromotive AFPR kit hose is too tight to move easily, but if anything else conductive is in the area, it's a nice place to get a high power arc across to, and just to make things more exciting, it's also a high pressure fuel source. This is not a combination that is particularly prudent.

So the one pressure fitting goes to the front of the fuel rail with a metric to AN adapter, and the other fitting will go to the fuel return line. It's not a high pressure line, so just gets a hose clamp. Mine is right next to the clutch line where I returned it.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
Turbo Habanero;1834938 said:

is there a part number for it?

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Hotwheelsjr;1835022 said:
Seriously, though, I haven't given it a second thought. There's nothing flopping around that would short it out and the braided fuel line "near" it is tight and has no chance of movement. I will certainly look into covering it up, though. THANKS!

Please do it's a relatively cheap fix for a whole lot of piece of mind. It's just safety for you and the car and possibly others.

BrandonW;1835118 said:
is there a part number for it?

I took a quick look but could not find it in the EPC

Here's the link if you want to check it out http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291220/default.aspx

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
I had a problem with my alternator power wire before. I got the dash to light up saying that it wasn't charging the battery. I pop the hood to see what is going on and the fucking think melted the plastic cover and made the nut cripsy. I don't know what the hell happened, but I'm assuming it was loose on the bolt.

I worried for a long time about it, but didn't think of the plastic cover. I'll be buying one soon now that you guys are saying it's a must.

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
Dan_Gyoba;1835113 said:
So the one pressure fitting goes to the front of the fuel rail with a metric to AN adapter, and the other fitting will go to the fuel return line. It's not a high pressure line, so just gets a hose clamp. Mine is right next to the clutch line where I returned it.

where can i get a an adapter?
and also, what vaccum hose do i put on the afpr? or can i just cap it off?
is there a part number?