Aero Top Leak Point (Help me seal it!)

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
Hi Guys,

I have two leak points on my aero in the top right and top left corners (in the perspective that you are in the drivers seat) and I took a look from oustide and I can see why it's coming through as theres a little 3mm diameter dip or so.. where water piles up.

What can I do temporarily to plug it? What have others done?

I've tried some searching but I mostly see 'oil leaks' which isn't what i'm after.

I'll update this thread with a pic in a moment.

Thanks for ideas in advance.

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
GrimJack;948498 said:
New seals from Toyota. They aren't that expensive, and they will fix the problem for another 20+ years.

I'll get the pic now actulally..

Umm in reference isn't a Targa Top that with the bar along the middle? and Aero being the full top off??

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
In North America, two removable pieces along the sides with a bar left in the middle is called a T top. Virtually everyone calls the removable roof a Targa, but technically I think that is an actual trademark. Toyota calls it a Sport Roof.

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
Here's a tip on silicone for those that don't know it. If you spit on your fingers and keep them wet with spit silicone won't stick to your fingers, so you can use your finger to smooth out the silicone to a very glossy smooth surface.