AEM FIC opinions

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
Hi there

Anyone with experience with the AEM FIC unit?
Reading alot about them, and the product itself looks like good value for the Money, and half the cost of a eManage.
Exept 1J and 2J owners struggles with some crank/cam signal noise, thats fixable by some resistors.

I really like the options where you can clamp the MAP signal-voltage etc.

Opinions?

Trying to shoot my 1JZ to 400whp with 800cc injectors on pump gas. Singleturbo BorgWarner S251 with big IC and all that stuff...

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
i had it in my car for a very short period of time, the previous owner had a few wires off so it had to be rewired, but once wired properly, it's an OK unit but i would not go with this Unit again. primarily i'm not a piggyback kinda person.

it's best to shoot for a full standalone. theres a reason the Piggy back option is a fraction of the price, you only get a fraction of the performance and sometime none of the safety features.

just for numbers sake you could easily make over 400rwhp on that set up. i sold my harness and AEM FIC to a friend which we recently dyno'd on a horrible horrible street tune. he had fuel cut at 5k and he's also on stock Fuel pump. big single, Precision 60-1, 440cc's etc. made 336 rwhp again this is with a 5k break up and let off when he should be able to take it atleast to 7500rpm's. so that 400hp is plausible with your set up with the FIC but not a fan.

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
Been reading alot about it now.... it's so mixed opinions, but the big mass tells stories about funky spikes in AFR's in different loads etz...

Better off just buying Standalone..

But has anyone tried the Driftmotion AEM v2 kit for the 1J?
Looks like a good kit, with adapterharness to the stock Wiring and so on.