AEM EMS Install

Emik87t

GameOver
May 30, 2007
Iowa
Well i talked to Tim at SP and he has a MK3 and sounds like he knows quite a bit. I've talked to him probably a handful of times and im not sure what all is on his MK3 but he says he ran a lot higher than 21psi, which is what i run.

8T7supra

Jan 6, 2007
New York
i would at least install the ems your self the install time is only a half hour. i just bought one and it come with oll the in stall insrtuctions its pretty basic

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
IJ, its a plug-and-play box. He's running some extra sensors, so he needs to run like 5 wires to the ECU. It still shouldn't take more than two hours, so unless your time is worth >$200/hour I can't see paying someone to just do the install. If he had a Motec or other EMS, then a $400 install would be a steal.

$600 for tuning, on the other hand, is very reasonable and I would probably take them up on that...

Larry_A

You don't matter
Apr 7, 2005
SoCAL
IJ. said:
Dave: I just look at it in the way that the hours spent doing an install would net me far in excess of $400 if I was doing other things so it's really not worth my time.

No One here does installs that cheap ;)
Hello Ian,
The AEM on stock AFM requires glove box removal. Even with IAT & MAP, that's a few wires. An untrained monkey could do it.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
ma71supraturbo said:
IJ, its a plug-and-play box. He's running some extra sensors, so he needs to run like 5 wires to the ECU. It still shouldn't take more than two hours, so unless your time is worth >$200/hour I can't see paying someone to just do the install. If he had a Motec or other EMS, then a $400 install would be a steal.

$600 for tuning, on the other hand, is very reasonable and I would probably take them up on that...
Jeff: Ummm yep my time is worth that (and more) ;)

Larry: Didn't realise the PnPlay AEM was that easy so yes the $600 tune would be worth it after a self install.