Adjusting BOV

bluemk3

cool
Feb 28, 2006
h burg, PA
loosen the adjustment screw till the valve is slightly open at idle then adjust it from there tighter untill you get it set as desired

FatalStylez

Dec 24, 2008
Rolla, Missouri
6 pounds boost/ around the same vaccum maybe a lil more. I took it off and the line to the bov has good vaccum. I could barely press down on the spring though

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
FatalStylez;1219728 said:
6 pounds boost/ around the same vaccum maybe a lil more. I took it off and the line to the bov has good vaccum. I could barely press down on the spring though

Well, i have Blitz BOV on my 1jz and never had and issue with it blowing off. i have about 20-22 lb of vacuum though. The nut that holds the adjusting screw needs to come off and then use alan wrench and turn that screw counter clockwise to loosen the spring. If you care to open the BOV and see what kind of spring you have, the hard spring has dark red line painted on it, almost maroon color. Regular spring has no markings.

pejay

Jul 4, 2006
madison,wi
i had mine on the soft setting.it would always surge when the engine was cold.
but after driving for 5min or so it would stop once the engine bay got warmed up..
i now have it on the loud setting never had any more problems... all this is on stock boost