Adjusting Bilsteins?

Jaychen

Jun 29, 2008
Brisbane
Guys I have a turbo A and I am looking to stiffen up my ride, I want to know how the hell to adjust it, and also how to read it once I have adjusted. Also how do I get my gauge cluster out?!

Cheers

PHOTO ADDED:
p1148559_1.jpg

Last edited:

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Adjust the bilstiens?

Unless you have someone that does revalving of bilsteins. Adjusting by the end user is not feasible or recommeneded.

Send a PM to Wiisass on here. He is extremly knowledgeable on the Bilstein setups.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
You can't adjust the ones that you have that came with your car. You can adjust the ones that you buy from Bilstein but that is just for ride height.

You have to take your under dash (under steering wheel) off and the part around your climate control and radio, and you should be able to get to everything then.
If you don't you won't be able to get to everything to take it apart.

Jaychen

Jun 29, 2008
Brisbane
It has a red top on either side of the top of the front suspension with the markings 1-5 and a tiny semicircle knob inside, the guy i bought the car of said he changed it to the least stiffest setting because it was too bumpy for him (he was in his 50's). I have been told by a few other turboA owners that the stiffness levels are adjustable via the top of the shock that is showing in my engine bay.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
10 steps to removing the gauge cluster.

Remove in this order:

1. Ash tray
2. 4 screws inside the ashtray well
3. 2 screws on the console cover drivers side of the car. One is at the front of the console and the other is under the dash.
4. Remove stick shift knob or Automatic gear selector, (loosen the allen set screw)
5. Gently tug the console off from it's station, before removing it disconnect electrics
6. Unscrew the bezel above the gauge cluster
7. Remove 2 screws at either end of the gauge cluster bezel and remove bezel
8. Remove screws attaching gauge cluster (above the cluster itself)
9. Gently pull cluster straight out.
10. Marvel at your mechanical prowess

*Assemble in reverse order

I wrote this from memory but rest assured, I've done this job countless times.:icon_bigg

Jaychen

Jun 29, 2008
Brisbane
hmm So they are not stock, I could have sworn I have read on the TurboA.net website that the turboA came with adjustable Bilstein suspension. I will speak to a guy I know who has one.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
probably konis, but the only ones ive seen for a few years now is the infinitely adjustable ones, not ones with five settings. the semicircle sounds about the same though.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
That looks like my TRD springs that I had on my car. and they came off a TTR JZA70.
You turn to clockwise ( higher number ) to stiffen and anti clockwise to soften. These are not made by Bilsteins. If you look at the bottom of the chock, they are Tokicos, 5 way adjustable rebranded for TRD.
You turn the inside and the red cap is to show what number its at. There should be a mark.