adapting BBK to fit rear of mk3

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
looks like reality of trying to mount brakes worthy for fronts on the rear of a supra has hit home. had a look at whwere i could mount the calipers and from what i can see - only have 2 options - both of which would require buying some correct offset hats to suit

1) chop off one of the factory mounting point (A) then use (B) and (c) to mount the brackets to

orelse

2) move the caliper to the leading position and use the holes highlighted in magenta.

if anyone has some advice and input into either of thos emethods - im all ears...

i know it might look highly unpractical but whether or not i make it work - will have some parts to sell..

if calipers wont fit - then ill be sellign the whole lot as a bolt on kit comprising of the following

brand new stoptech st-40 calipers
brand new pads
2 piece project mu?? rotors (measure 31mm with a stamped min thickness of 28mm. no noticeable wear marks)
anodized aluminium brackets to suit a70/z20
nuts and bolts

and if i do make the calipers fit - will have the hats and the brakets (possibly rotors aswell) which will be of no use
if anyone out there would fork out the coin for either stoptech /f40/f50 calipers to complete the kit

first things first though, what do people think of the possible solution to mounting these brakes

cheers

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Just get a custom set of adapters machined. They are radial mount should be very easy!

Also do you happen to have part numbers for the front hats and rotors you are using? PM if you do!

Thanks,
Seth

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
machining adapters is the easy part - f they were 355mm rea rrotors then they would work - but fact they are 324 - i cant get the caliper clos eenough to the hub without chopping something or moving the hub to otherside..

the reason why the other holes are suitable is because they are tighter to the hub