ACTION NEEDED: get us hawk pads thread

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
PLEASE I beg you email this person with a quick email saying how poor the brake pad market is for our cars and how you would love to have the full line of hawk pads available. detail how hard you drive your car etc.

tmiller@hawkperformance.com

we really need to make this happen, i have been hounding this man for almost a year and finally he says they are doing a market study so lets make this happen it literally takes 2 minutes of your time. please help the community.

hawk sells good pads cheap and they make good street and full race compounds at good prices.

example email

Dear Todd,

It has been brought to my attention that Hawk is gauging the market size for the 1986.5-1992 supras. I personally have one of these Supras and feel the brake pad market to be cornered by EBC and Porterfield which limits options and keeps costs high. The addition of hawk brake pads makes many more compounds available at a reasonable cost. Please look seriously into making brake pads for this car.

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
iwannadie;1380520 said:
Why would I want hawk when I can have porterfield.

because hawk offers racing contigencies duh lol. also hawk offers more compounds than poterfield and is cheaper see below.

http://www.hawkperformance.com/motorsports/compounds/index.php

plus all of their street pads. hps ceramics etc. if you go through about 6 sets of brake pads a year like I do getting hawks available makes a huge difference in your wallet. and why wouldnt you want more products offered for the mk3.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
You go through 6 sets of brake pads in a year on your car? What the heck do you do to it?!

On the other side though, I do pit crew work for a small race team at the local road course track made up of 3 Honda CRXs and a 93 Integra GS-R and we use a variety of different Hawk track and street compounds (depending on driving style, etc), and we've been very happy with them. On the flip side, I haven't personally had any experience with the other two major competitors.

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
radiod;1380591 said:
You go through 6 sets of brake pads in a year on your car? What the heck do you do to it?!

On the other side though, I do pit crew work for a small race team at the local road course track made up of 3 Honda CRXs and a 93 Integra GS-R and we use a variety of different Hawk track and street compounds (depending on driving style, etc), and we've been very happy with them. On the flip side, I haven't personally had any experience with the other two major competitors.

so did you email them :naughty:

its for my track car. the raebestos st41 (poterfield race pads) only lasted two weekends for the front, and the axxis ultimates can barely make it through a weekend

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
its for my track car. the raebestos st41 (poterfield race pads) only lasted two weekends for the front, and the axxis ultimates can barely make it through a weekend

That's not horrible....the Integra and one of the CRXs goes through a set of Hawk Blues in a weekend and a half if they're lucky. Integra's usually through his in a weekend if it's a 2 or 3 race weekend. I'll send off a note though, as poodles said...why is having more options a bad thing?

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
radiod;1381443 said:
That's not horrible....the Integra and one of the CRXs goes through a set of Hawk Blues in a weekend and a half if they're lucky. Integra's usually through his in a weekend if it's a 2 or 3 race weekend. I'll send off a note though, as poodles said...why is having more options a bad thing?

I was being sarcastic.

I actually have Hawk pads on my cherokee and like them well enough.

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
thanks for the support guys

well,i am hoping running some of the more serious hawk pads will net me some more life and if nothing less they will be cheaper than the st41s which are 200 dollars for fronts alone. also the contigency money from hawk is a big deal also. lets keep the emails going.

radiod;1381443 said:

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
just got this email

"Kyle –

They are going pretty good. I have about a dozen people that have responded about the Supra. We are looking at tooling costs and the possibility of a launch.

Todd"

good job guys i think we did it

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
i really hope the money is there instead of the, yeah I am intrested, then money times comes, most play like casper and disappear. I always like to be proved wrong though!

and on that note. If this fails. Consider this a setback to thread of this kind here in SM. And by set back I mean clamping down on dreamer threads.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
I'd hope there would be enough interest for maintenance parts (although, as i've seen some bragging about $13 brake pads, I'm not so sure). I'd be all over this if I was on stock brakes...

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
okay okay,

you guys are going about this the wrong way....

tell them you are willing to do a group buy and can line up at least ten people.....

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
I emailed last week, got a response a few days ago saying that my request has been noted along with the others and that he'll work on making this happen.

If a group buy is needed, sign me up for front and rear in some hardcore street/track pads.

Thanks,
Collin